Tips before I begin...

CanVan87GN

My car has 109,000 miles and it runs like a top and has high compression in each cylinder. The timing chain has never been done. I am thinking of doing this but am wondering. Do I need to right away and are there other things I should check in the process? I have a leaky rear main seal and oil pan (I think:confused: ). When taking off the front cover to get at the chain, I should do this at the same time eh? The turbo return line is leaking as well as God knows what. I want to keep the cost down but it would probably be smarter to do it all and pay the price. Excuse the long post but I guess I am just sending out a call to any GN guy who has done this and have ant tips that help the process along.

yes, do the timing chain, and rear seal at the same time. doubt its the oil pan, the factory seals are junk.

I would also consider the braided return line from eastern. works well. the factory lines eventually crack, the braded lines stay flexible and look cool.

the factory nylon timing gears get brittle from age and can start to crack. if they fail, it will ruin your day.

they do hold up pretty well if the car has never run really hot, and I was amazed at 80k how well my factory "silent" chain setup was, slack was the real issue. good luck.

Good call on the braided return line:cool: I know the previous owner and he ran the car pretty good. I will do it all.
Thanks rkreigh:)