Third times a charm......Heart surgery

turbofabricator

Well, I just got out of the hospital after my third angiogram since October. I had two stents installed in October of 2011. I immediately knew something was wrong when he inflated the second stent. Something just felt wrong. Back to work a few days later, and because where I work, it's a 1/4 mile walk to go anywhere. I kept having chest pain. Finally had enough of it and went back to the cardiologist in January. He did another angiogram and found that he had misplaced the second stint and it was covering a branch artery. He tried for 2 1/2 hours to "fix" it, but ended up giving up after radiating me and pumping contrast into me me for 2 1/2 hours. A friend (and doctor) suggested I contact a cardiologist he has taken classes from and clamied he performed "miracles". I saw him and scheduled the appointment for Fri March 30th. (that was the soonest I could get into the operating room, as he is THAT busy)
So far, it seems to have worked. He told me after the proceedure that he was "Sorry that it took him 12 SECONDS to do what the other doc had tried for 2 1/2 HOURS to accomplish" (he installed a stint in the branch artery adjacent to the original stint to open it up). I was in and out in less than an hour and feel pretty dang good. Overnight stay in the hospital to verify things are good and I then went home. By the way.....WHY...WHY...does the hospital staff INSIST on waking you up EVERY two hours to check vitals or to weight you? HUH???? .........WHY??? I thought you were supposed to "rest and get better":mad:

WOW, is the first Dr. going to pay the second Dr.? That guy could have killed you !!! Glad all is well.
Wonder what that 12 seconds will cost....

Bryan

WOW, is the first Dr. going to pay the second Dr.? That guy could have killed you !!! Glad all is well.
Wonder what that 12 seconds will cost....

Bryan

Doctors are no different than mechanics. I've heard 4 times now in my life that one of my parents needed "IMMEDIATE SURGERY" and every time we opted for a second opinion in Boston and no surgeries were needed. I always shop around.

D

Dammmm... well glad you found it in time !! Thats crazy..
Ya I am always questioning Dr's to.. Next time your in their office read the "diploma's" . They are "practicing medicine". Guess it's like us try this it might work o_O

holy crap... i'm glad you are okay Ken.... now i feel bad for bothering you with questions....... and you actually answered them... anyway get some rest and thanks again.

aaron

Doctors are no different than mechanics. I've heard 4 times now in my life that one of my parents needed "IMMEDIATE SURGERY" and every time we opted for a second opinion in Boston and no surgeries were needed. I always shop around.

D
Thats why they call it "practicing medicine"

Bryan

Glad to hear it worked out. I, too, wonder what those 12 seconds of expertise are going to cost... I'm sure it's worth every penny.

hey! knock that crap off!
where else are we gonna get all our tech info from?

seriously, glad to hear your better, and that you got a good Dr to fix you up.
take it easy and listen to what they tell you,
keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks guys. Back to work already. Coulda went back to work on Monday, but was talked into taking another day of rest. The last proceedure left me with two HUGE bruises on each side of my groin. They were the size of my hands and lasted more than a week and I was pretty dang sore. This time I have NO bruises at all. Just a small red mark at the incision point. (right femoral artery) I am truely impressed with the new doctor. He used very little contrast, too. That stuff is known to kill kidneys. The last guy used so much contrast, that he sent one of the staff to go get more. Also radiated me for the full two hours (x-ray). I also found out that I am completely immune to Fentanyl pain meds, too. They gave me enough to put a elephant to sleep last time and I felt nothing from it. This time they used dilauted.........YEP.......That is the good stuff for sure. Sleepy time for me. Slept right through the proceedure. Last two times I was WIDE awake. Didn't really hurt too bad, though. (except when they inflated the stint............THAT was creepy and it hurt a fair amount. Dilauted........no such issue.:D

Stay healthy there, we need you!

Good to see they got ya all tuned up;) .I don't trust any doctor or pharmacist,they are all payed off by the drug companies.:confused: ALWAYS get a second opinion and do some homework.Glad all is well

Kevin

DANG Ken!!
Just read this and glad to hear it went well . . . . and sorry to hear abot the first Dr.
I am sure he has malpractice insurance . . . so maybe you can retire and build Buicks full time . . . as a hobby . . . . o_O
Seriously man, GLAD to hear you are ok!