Theft Deterrent & Door Lock Help Needed

87BLKGN

hey all,
The locks in the GN havent work since I got the car. Today I wanted to see why, I removed the door panel to fine a cluster f*ck of wires. I had another board member send me a scheimatic of the wiring, but Im no good at reading them. Ive taken some pics in hopes someone can tell me where certain wires go and whats missing in the door. I really appreciate the help. My only other option is to beg another buddy of mine to take his door apart and look at his wiring to mimic it. Im hoping you all can help me fix this so I wont have to do the last option. Here are some pics.

I have the two green wires goin to nothing. There is a plug on the other side of the door that I do have another wire /plug assembly that plugs into it, but then Im lost as to where it goes. The tan & gray wires that go to the door lock actuator were cut, I reconnected them as you see in the pic, I tested the door lock actuator before connecting them to see if the acutator works and it does. After connecting the wires, I plugged in the connector to the door lock switch and it didnt work, so to make sure the plug wasnt bad, I took a jump wire and touched the middle power wire on the plug to the two other wires and the actuator moved up and down, I thought cool . I just need a door lock switch. I shut the door to continue later, door didnt shut all the way and was locked so I went around to the drivers door, opened it up and the theft deterrent system went off, I tried to put the key in both doors to turn it off, no good, key in ignition, no good. I havent at all touched the drivers door yet. Its still intact, only connected door lock actuator and made sure it worked. Now this. Can you please help me figure this out. Thank you so much

Attachments

• IMG_0515.JPG
    IMG_0515.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0516.JPG
    IMG_0516.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0517.JPG
    IMG_0517.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0518.JPG
    IMG_0518.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0519.JPG
    IMG_0519.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 114
The light green wire should go to the switches on the lock cylinder on the DS door. If it doesn't the system won't disarm with the key

this is on the passenger side door. these wires come into the door and are cut. so do these wires go to a switch on the passenger side door acutator? thanks for responding

okay, i extended the two green wires and connected them to the lock cylinder switch. I reconnected the battery and now when I open the door the alarm didnt sound, so either the factory alarm reset itself and takes awhile to activate again, or connecting those two wires worked. Now im on to the drivers door to see what mysteries awaits me there. I still have to wonder why they cut in the first place and not left alone. something in the last 25 years had to go wrong, or this door was replaced in the last 25 years. who knows. its getting fixed now regardless.

Here are some pics of the wiring on the door I have on my computer .

Attachments

• 100_0307.jpg
    100_0307.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 109
  • 100_0306.jpg
    100_0306.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 132
  • 100_0314.jpg
    100_0314.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 111
Okay looking at your pics and mine, there must be something still wrong. I had to green wires seperate coming from the door grommet that were cut and goin to nothing. I just remembered that plug on the right side of your door that goes to the lock cylinder. I mistakenly took the two green wires coming into the door extended them and ran them to the lock cylinder switch. I completely forgot about that plug, that has a white wire being grounded. My wire that plugs into that has two ends, one end clearly plugs into the lock cylinder, and the other end is broken and I have no idea where it would go. The alarm doesnt go off when I open the door now, but I dont think its quite right as of yet. Eddie, if your reading this brotha. I may have to take a peak at your door. Im still trying to figure this out. Anymore help is greatly appreciated. Thank you thank you thank you. :)

Its been a while since I had the door apart. There is a extra plug by the lock and it doesnt plug into anything.

Im goin to plug that plug in and run it to the lock cylinder, ground the white wire, I still for the life of me dont know what the hell those two green wires are for. Ill report back with my findings

This car is goin to make me lose my damn mind. The drivers door is more of a cluster f*ck than the passenger side. I have a gray & tan wire coming from the door grommet with nowhere to go. It was curled up and tucked down in the door, the plug that goes to the door acuator is cut & missing. I had to remove the actuator to see if it even works, It does, but upon removal of course it broke where the rod goes through the plastic. Of course. So Im off to get a new one here in a few. The wires that goes to the lock cylinder are only half there. You got the plug coming from the door grommet and nothing else. I cant win it seems. Im thinking this cars alarm was goin off constantly and someone got in there and said f*ck it and ripped everything out not caring that the next guy may want the door locks to work. I got the passenger side to work so Im cool there, this drivers side, I dont know. Does anyone have drivers door pics of the wiring so I can view how things are suppose to look. I really appreciate it, this mess is enough to start drinkin. :)

Hers is the drivers door

Attachments

• Picture 027.jpg
    Picture 027.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 93
  • Picture 028.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 87
  • Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 83
from the diagram im looking at,and someone correct me if wrong but,

driver door locks
lt blue and black wires go to the door lock switch. orange wire also to the door lock switch.
tan and grey wires go to the door lock motor in bottom of the door.

Security
yellow, lt blue and white go to the door lock cylinder.

Hang in there sir. If your going to Ricks saturday for the suprise party maybe we will have at it before then

ahh. now that makes sense. I just looked at me window sticker and it says this car was equipped with the concert sound system. so since the speakers are not there anymore. Guess I'll get a set of speakers and wire them up. Hey. Thanks so much for the help. I was scratching my head about this one, I thought for one second it maybe speaker wires, but wasnt sure so I dismissed it. Thanks again

Don't forget, when you install the door speakers, you must have the plastic bucket thingy that the speakers actually attatch to. The plastic bucket thingy (speaker holders) are what actually screws to the door....you must make sure that the hole in the door is cut out already to fit the speaker back (magnet) If it did come with concert sound speakers, then that hole should be fine for use...just make sure the speaker back doesn't interfer with the power window system......only three screws are used on the plastic bucket thingy to mount the thing.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Cool. Im thinking someone swapped out the door panels in the last 25 years. shouldnt the door panel have speakers holes so you can hear the speaker playing. Mine are solid. There is a hole in the door for a speaker though, just not the door panel. I dont get it