The love affair, rekindled....

Try to replace ALL the vacuum lines in the car and I mean all by doing this you will eliminate one problem.

And on the fan I rewired the dual fans to get both high and low speeds but I will have to look for the diagram somewhere, I might have posted it in the forums but if not i'll look at my relay

Vacuum lines I did when I bought the car. I'm checking EGR next... once things at home settle down.

DRiving it today... numbers are still all over the place.. EGR is next...

I had a similar symptoms as you with the car running rich just idling and thought I had a cracked header like you. Turns out the ME chip that I had was causing it. I swapped in a Thrasher chip and the rich problem went away and the O2 numbers settled out and started cycling between rich and lean like it supposed to during idle. When the car was running rich the O2 was stuck at .800.

So I start the car up today and hear an audible exhaust leak and notice a black spot between the plenum and the manifold...

THe black spot was soot from the EGR gasket (only the metal was there)

so I located a gasket and got that taken care of.... I also noted the TB and the plenum bolts were loose? (ok.. not tight)

Now,

INT 121-129
BLM 124-131

IAC is high now... time to go and readjust... but I'm closer... :)

OK... all numbers OK except 02...

INT127
BLM128
IAC12
TPS.44
IDLE SPEED: 775-800

O2... from 560 at startup, up to 750/760.... then down to 109? still all over the place... connections or bad o2 sensor?

Rob I have a couple of spares I just ordered a bunch cause down here you have to order the whole intake gasket set just to get the vac block one. But let me know if you need it. Only thing is I'm working graveyards now

WOW!.. What a difference addressing the vacuum leak and setting all the parameters up right makes.

DRivability is amazing... but at WOT the O2 is above 800... So I wussed out and let off.... Chip/Injectors/Fuel Pump/AFPR/Hotwire are next....

I gotta find the box with the hotwire kit... time to call Turbotweak for the Chip/Injectors

I've driven the car most of the week.. mileage is up, need to order parts...

I even polished it today... now I gotta do the wheels.

BTT!

OK.. after dragging my azz since May I finally have some spare time to play with my toys... (Furloughs are a good thing)

First thing I learned:

I need to lose some of this excess baggage (aka FAT)

Second thing:

Drop the column... its easier... but I didnt want to wrestle with all the excess (aka non-factory) wires.

Third: Unbolting the pedal assy makes disconnecting the linkage much easier.

Fourth: If youre careful with the gasket removal you might be able to reuse it.

Fifth: Lose more weight

Sixth: Putting it back together is easier than taking it apart

Seventh: Parts store dont stock the OE master for a vacuum car anymore.

Eighth: Make sure you have enough vacuum hose... LOL

Ninth: Lose more weight

Tenth: I should have done this years ago!

BTT!

OK.. after dragging my azz since May I finally have some spare time to play with my toys... (Furloughs are a good thing)

First thing I learned:

I need to lose some of this excess baggage (aka FAT)

Second thing:

Drop the column... its easier... but I didnt want to wrestle with all the excess (aka non-factory) wires.

Third: Unbolting the pedal assy makes disconnecting the linkage much easier.

Fourth: If youre careful with the gasket removal you might be able to reuse it.

Fifth: Lose more weight

Sixth: Putting it back together is easier than taking it apart

Seventh: Parts store dont stock the OE master for a vacuum car anymore.

Eighth: Make sure you have enough vacuum hose... LOL

Ninth: Lose more weight

Tenth: I should have done this years ago!

:biggrin:

Going out to bleed the brakes.... anyone want to come and pick up the parts I have stashed for them?

OK... We have brakes... nice... I wish the MCSS would pull that kind of vacuum....

I guess hydroboost will be for the MCSS.... now to find all the hoses.

LOL... As I was cleaning up the yard/carport/storage... I found SEVEN powermasters including the one I just pulled from the GN... I'll put a pic up later... looks like a Powemaster graveyard