The love affair, rekindled....

HI85WH1

Shhh... I've got a Secret
I just knew I should have left it parked... :biggrin:

Fixing the AC was the tip of the iceberg... now Dawnie is willing to drive it... :rolleyes:

Now youre all going to teach me how to spend money on it... AGAIN... :eek:

The car is scheduled for the body shop for just after Christmas... :p

Lower patch panels for the doors are ordered, along with a bunch of other parts to be replaced during the painting process... (no performance stuff yet)...

I know... its about time! :cool:

Good to hear! We better schedule some kind of get together first then.... :cool:

Jackson, It just takes money... I've been saving since I bought the car to do this... and I'm already over budget and the car isnt in the shop yet!

From emblems to weatherstripping, headlight bezels to front marker lights, it's going to be all shiny and new... :)

And I said I was going to drive it?... :eek:

Nah, I will... it's too much fun to NOT drive it. :cool:

So.... today I figure I'll exchange the original jumper harness for the ramchargers fans to the new unit from Caspers... the install was brainless... I also opted for the hi-low remote switch... BUT... it would only work on hi...

Thats when I found an extra relay on the drivers inner fender... which was routed to a little rocker switch that may have been installed on lower dash shield at one point (found 2 extra holes...) and was spliced into the relay connections...

So... I had to uninstall all of the stuff installed by a previous owner... I'm going to heat shrink the connectors then try it... all should be good... be back in a bit....

still wont work lo-hi... but.. I did find something else:

My voltmeter has been acting wierd.. isolated it to the Voltage booster... anyone ever had one fail before?

Last time I looked under Jackson's hood I temporarily lost my eyesight from all of the chrome. It was like staring at a MIG welder!..:D

He made me some kind of harness for the fans, I think it keeps it on high all of the time, or something like that. You might want to ask him...

Last time I looked under Jackson's hood I temporarily lost my eyesight from all of the chrome. It was like staring at a MIG welder!..:D

He made me some kind of harness for the fans, I think it keeps it on high all of the time, or something like that. You might want to ask him...

I think I may have crossed the two identical green wires.... I'll figure it out...

Fans do come on at 180 and tems drop rapidly with the AC off... of course, they are on all the time with the AC on anyway...

Tomorrow: Mini Starter install.... :biggrin:

Scratch the mini-starter... the person I was supposed to get it from is unavailable...

The car actually runs better with the VB removed... good I guess...

Scanmaster going in between posts... be back in a bit.

Also.. it seems the discussion on turbo timers is much like that of discussions for VB's...

I have it... and it was free.. so why not install it?...

Waste of time and gas that's why! :eek:

Sell it on forumshawaii, and use the money for something useful.

Mini starter @ Checker -Autolite 12235 LT4 starter... Lifetime warranty.

LOL.. Scanmaster in.... that was easy... but since I was at NAPA I restocked my electrical connector bin... (ouch)

Now... I adjusted the TPS to .42 as the instructions I found said... (It was at .30)

I figured out the fan issue.... the new harness has no provision for low-speed! (I guess I dont need the low-speed relay now either!)

O2 is all over the place.. mostly REALLY lean, when it settles down its about 750 where it should be, but it drives OK... I assume the strange O2 readings are a result of the cracked DS header.... I need to fix the DS header and check FP...

Isnt the original regulator a 233 or 237 Bosch number?.... mine is 280...

Disregard that last line...

FP is 44 line off... 36-37 line on.

Regulator number is 0 280 .. and the rest of the number sequence is scratched off???? WTF....