Terry Houston downpipe

Michael30815

I just purchased a used 3 inch old school terry houston downpipe, and was wondering where to find a test pipe that will be a direct bolt on to my 3 inch exhaust system from GBody parts.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If you can find a used one, you can have a muffler shop modify it to fit your needs. You need the rectangular flange that has the oval transition. It is the part you will need to find or have fabbed. Length, once determined, can be done by the muffler shop.

hello; Here's my 2 cents. I would measure aprox. how long of a TP is needed and go to the vender section here and see what length they sell. The DP has to be installed to find that out. Then if there's nothing out you'll have to get one made. I should be close. There's no much to a TP so it S/B fairly easy. flanges are sold separately.
goodluck
IBBY

Thanks for the input, I was hoping since they went out of business, RJC or some other vendor would have used there exact measurements, so I could buy one and put it on without going to the muffler shop.

You won't know until you install it. The THDP may have been shortened. I took some good measurements when I put my new exhaust in and found that I needed to lengthen the TP by 2". Local shop charged 20.00....

I have one I can check the length of the dump pipe for you. You will be able to look at the end of the pipe to see if its been cut. TH down pipes were well built. It is recommended that you go to a muffler shop that can do fab work. Depending on the exhaust system there could be some issues with fit.

Assuming the THDP has not been cut it should fall within specs of the current downpipes and bolt in fine.

Assuming the THDP has not been cut it should fall within specs of the current downpipes and bolt in fine.

Sorry for some reason part of my post got cut out. Any of the current test pipes should work, call Nick At AZGN I think there may be some laying around.

The THDP dump pipe the 3" is 12 1/2"
The 3 1/2" the dump pipe measures 12".
Hope that helps.

It does, thank you. Nick at Arizona has them for a great price as well.

It does, thank you. Nick at Arizona has them for a great price as well.