TE62 Stolen now back to stocker...

SITHV6

Move against the Jedi 1st
well, I'm not proud to post this but the collective will guide me. ok, my TE62 was stolen out of the shop while awaiting my engine rebuild...I MISS my car so much that I really dont want to wait to save up the $1090 for a J Craig TE45A. I still have my james bond smoke screen stock turbo and will turn it in to limit engineering to get it rebuilt to get my car running prolly within the next 3-4 weeks. my question is... What realistic probs will I have with the stocker turbo with all my current mods that larger turbos would enjoy? revelant parts include...

stainless 3"THDP
ATR headers
40lbs inj.
ATR 190ltr hot wired pump
BGC 70mm TB
BGC Mega flow intake
BGC adj fuel reg
BGC 2 3/4 inlet pipe
KB front mount IC
KB 9/11 TC
KB Hot Flash chip
PTE 218/218 cam
GN1 aluminums
GN1's 1.65 roller rockers
underdrive pullies
30 over forged pistons

lots of stuff for a wee little stock turbo. was worried
larger pipes and stuff would only cause a prob for the stocker but wont going to a stocker give a street benefit too? was going low 11"s with the ta49, will going to a stocker mean kissing the 11's goodbye?

If it wasn't your shop they are obligated to replace the turbo. Get a police report done when the owner is present. The owner will have to report it to his insurance or pay for it out of his pocket. If he doesn't want to pay get your car out of the garage and take him to small claims court.:mad:

FUN FUN fun...

Yes, that seems to be the census, but the guy who owns the shop is a friend of mine. needless to say I fired him and the engine is now at a REAL shop and can be done by the end of the week if I allowed my mechanic to get it complete. Right now I'm having financial stress and the engine still needs a brand new main wiring harness $$$...but he IS trying to make up for it :D.

I think if this unknown was a friend as you say, you wouldn't need to be asking what you were going to do about a turbo...

:cool: