Te60

fly89gta

So I have this TE60 sitting here, waiting to go on after the rebuild is done..

My question is how much power can this turbo support, I know I'll never hit its max, I have no intentions of going that fast but I'm just curious. Also..it has the stock(I guess you can call it stock) exhaust housing on it...do I have any upgrade options that are worth while?

If it matters I have an ATR downpipe(the one that gets rid of the stock elbow) and an ATR external wastegate coming soon

Thanks guys!

I had the TE-60 on my car. It is a great turbo that pulls very nicely. It can support from 580-600 hp. This means you must have the mods to get that high. The turbo alone shouldn't add more than 40 or so hp. You can get the Precision housing like I had on mine. It is said to be worth 2 tenths and 2 mph(@ 20 hp) over the Garrett housing. When I first put my turbo on it pulled harder at 10 psi than my stocker did at 15.

cool!

Well the supporting mods are gonna be ported heads, something like a 214/210 cam, big necks added to the TTA intercooler and either 50 or 55# injectors

I'll probably snag that Precision housing, how much did it run you? Like $100?

When I bought the turbo the guy had just put the new Precision housing on it so it was free to me...kinda. Those are good mods to support it. Now get an alky kit and pump the boost up on that thang.:D

heh, I'll run the alchy eventually..once the motor is done I want to see what I can pull on pump gas....

Once I get that accomplished I'll throw the alchy on,crank the boost and hold on for dear life lol :D