Te45a anyone runing 9's

What is the better housing the Garret or Precision ? MY Te45a has a .63 precision housing on it.

What is the better housing the Garret or Precision ? MY Te45a has a .63 precision housing on it.
If you're looking to run 9's with this turbo I wouldn't use a Garrett .63. A .96 T4 would be the best choice. I wouldn't run less than a Garrett .82

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a .82 housing what converter is needed ? I have a 3200 nl art car converter at the moment with my .63 percision. Is that sufficient enough for the bigger housing ?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

With a .82 housing what converter is needed ? I have a 3200 nl art car converter at the moment with my .63 percision. Is that sufficient enough for the bigger housing ?

Probably spool it great but log the slip.

How would log the slip with a fast xfi ? Is there a sensor needed to do this ? Thanks

The flash stall is what matters. With a all roller cam and that turbo having the flash around 5100-5200 has proven to be the best. The stall down low matters little as long as the turbo is spooled in half a second or less. I doubt an AC converter can flash to 5100 with a te45a all in. I wouldn't be surprised if flash is 5700! Precison .63 housing with a p trim ex wheel is fine

How would log the slip with a fast xfi ? Is there a sensor needed to do this ? Thanks

You'd need to measure drive shaft rpm and compare it to engine rpm. The intelligent fast box can be setup to do this. Just look at the rpm as soon as the 2-3 shift occurs. It's a good indicator of the converters potential to couple the power.

I believe there was a guy in Houston running 9.6x with one years ago. Wasn't active on the boards though as I can't remember his name. I didn't see this myself directly though.

yes, that was me in 2006, a .68 was It's best - deadly consistent 9.80's was a fun little snail!

Cool, Ryan, what was your combo?

I also loved this turbo and ran it on a couple of my cars. All I can say, it's still a very potent turbo even today with the right combo.

Cool, Ryan, what was your combo?

I also loved this turbo and ran it on a couple of my cars. All I can say, it's still a very potent turbo even today with the right combo.
It was a 236, girdled with a tad bit more compression, RM1 solid cam, some VERY good flowing alum heads and intake, a small shot of gas, 9inch & 400- all the other go fast goodies.... just putting the car back together now, same set up -minus a few small things & the 45a..... -looking to see the latest and greatest these days....

It was a 236, girdled with a tad bit more compression, RM1 solid cam, some VERY good flowing alum heads and intake, a small shot of gas, 9inch & 400- all the other go fast goodies.... just putting the car back together now, same set up -minus a few small things & the 45a..... -looking to see the latest and greatest these days....

Sounded like a very thought out, workable combination. I'm happy to hear your getting it buttoned back up too. And will defiantly be keeping an eye out on your progress. I'm sure it's going to be faster with some of the newer technology that out these days. (y)

I'm hoping it will be great on my combo

It will work outstanding on your combo, trust me. Are you stationed on west coast? If so, maybe you, Rodney87GN, and I can meet up sometime. Others are welcome too of course....
Ray

It will work outstanding on your combo, trust me. Are you stationed on west coast? If so, maybe you, Rodney87GN, and I can meet up sometime. Others are welcome too of course....
Ray

I just seen this post. I'm kn the west on camp pendleton.