TCS 9x11 3800 First impressions.

MIne is in TCS hands also, hope to get it back by xmas the way things are going.:confused:

What can I say?

Nearing:

I've got a 3200 (9x11) and when I used to lock it in 2nd, it would shudder and actually drive right through the clutch(es). I (for obvious reasons) didn't try that but a couple of times before deciding that wasn't a good thing.:) I actually thought there was something wrong with the tranny the first time it happened. Anyway, locking mine in 3rd has produced the best results. With that said, let me also add that I've been worried about locking it and have not been doing it much. All of the runs the last time we were out were unlocked and it did fine. Truthfully I was having too much fun and forgot the hit the switch.:eek: I think if you'd get the stall lowered to the 32-3400 range you'd be much happier with it up top, but you're going to have to fine tune the bottom to get the 60' that you want. I didn't think you were going to like it being that loose on top (lockup or not). I have a 9" lockup that is BIG FUN on the launch, but after about 660' or so it's all done for the day! That one taught me that for my current setup 3400 seems to work best. :)

-Bobby

just an FYI, we still have not received my 9/11 converter back from PTS

this after several months and many promises.....

Originally posted by azgn
just an FYI, we still have not received my 9/11 converter back from PTS

this after several months and many promises.....

That sucks! Sorry to hear that.

CONVERTOR HELP

GREETINGS, I AM IN SEARCH OF HELP I HAVE THE FOLLOWING COMBO AND CANT GET A GOOD 60" TIME. T66BB,CHAMPION IRONS,72INJ,CNC PORTED INTAKE,RJC RACE PLATE AND 70MM TB AND MATCHING PLENUM,TRANS DONE WITH THE ART CARR 9" N/L 2800-3200. MY TIMES ARE BES OF 11.2 AT 122. I HAD BETTER 60" WITH OLD COMBO BELOW. SHOULD I GO TO A HIGHER STALL

JIM :confused:

I have the converter back no problems, just not sure if i should use it:confused:

Originally posted by norbs
I have the converter back no problems, just not sure if i should use it:confused:

I hear ya.

I need to send mine back but was thinking the same thing.

The A/C 3500 that was in the car was starting to get a little loosey goosey over 22psi but nothing like the 3800 9x11.:(

why don't you give it a try Norbs?....that way I'll know whether it is a waste of time when (or if) I get mine back:D

Originally posted by azgn
why don't you give it a try Norbs?....that way I'll know whether it is a waste of time when (or if) I get mine back:D

I second that!

convertor problem

i am in need of some help my current combo has a good mid and tope end performance at 122/123 but my 60" sucks 188/181 running 11.2 best et. combo is a t66 bb with 83 housing, 72 inj, champion irons,cnc ported intake,rjc raceplate and 70mm TB and pleneum, spool w/30 spline c clips, and an art carr 9" n/lu 16930 convertor. im told this convertor is enuf but when i spool it up on the line i can leave at about 10-12 pnds boost, but when it leaves the line it just rolls out slowly (hesitates) than kicks in to gear and flys. Im told this convertor is a 3000/3200 do i need more stall to run tens???:confused: :(

Re: convertor problem

Originally posted by DMOSTWANTED1
i am in need of some help my current combo has a good mid and tope end performance at 122/123 but my 60" sucks 188/181 running 11.2 best et. combo is a t66 bb with 83 housing, 72 inj, champion irons,cnc ported intake,rjc raceplate and 70mm TB and pleneum, spool w/30 spline c clips, and an art carr 9" n/lu 16930 convertor. im told this convertor is enuf but when i spool it up on the line i can leave at about 10-12 pnds boost, but when it leaves the line it just rolls out slowly (hesitates) than kicks in to gear and flys. Im told this convertor is a 3000/3200 do i need more stall to run tens???:confused: :(

Well if you can hold 10-12 psi on the line with a 66 I'd say that's enough stall.

Sounds more like a tuning problem maybe.

Well you will have to wait until april/may ish until the weather breaks up here. Just the way it goes

im sorry you guys didnt get serviced properly by rusty at tcs.we had great success with all of his convertors except the 3800.i guess he didnt understand the power everyone was making therefore the convertor was being overpowered .we are in the process of tooling up to produce the convertors here so you can rest assured we will be on top of the service end.anyone needing a restall shoul take care of it soon.id ,like to put this to rest.scott please send in the convertor so we can get it over with.wed appreciate it .ours will be a 10/12 which is what the 911 is.we are also bringing back the non billet version so those on a budget who dont need the billet cover can afford this unique product.spending some time gave us the understanding of how to produce the product with the same if not better results.

Chris, I also need to get my 9x11 restalled, however I purchased the converter from you a little over a year ago. It has been too loose since day one, I just haven't had the time to mess with it and send it back. It was supposed to be a 3500 stall; the best that I can tell is it stalls around 3800-4000. I based this on going onto an on ramp entering the interstate in 3rd. The RPM has to reach 3800-4000 before the car starts to accelerate and it is using a lot more gas around town. :eek: I've been holding out on sending the converter back because I wasn't wanting to have a lot of down time with the car, but I'm going to have to make myself go ahead and pull the tranny and get this done.

TCS Converters

I have a friend of mine install one of these. Broke the Pump twice in the Transmission. Took the Converter and put it on a Lathe. It had .100" runout on the Shaft. So it either was built wrong or it fell during Transport. Sent it back to TCS to have it repaired. They fixed it, but never admitted that it had a runout. When we got it back we put it back on the Lathe before installing. "0" Runout.
A lie is not good for business....
We just hope it will last this time..

Joe

In order to get good mph, I need to lock mine on top end of 3rd gear. Unlocked, I did lose mph switching from a 12" to the 9/11 but I was able to spool the bigger turbo with the 9/11. If I lock too early, it bogs until the RPM's get back up there. I dare not lock on 2-3 shift as I have a pre-billet trans. Here is the queston of the hour.... How does one check to see what stall their 9/11 is? I have seen and heard of the mash the brake and hit the throttle and see what RPM the tires spin however that would mean if I put bigger brake shoes on, I automatically have a higher stall convertor. How do we check?

I have a CK Performance 9x11 3600. The long block is stock.

On the stock D5 I could stall to about 2500 rpm on street tires.
On the 9x11 3600, I could stall to about 3400 rpm on street tires.
On the 9x11 3600 with Drag Radials, I am now leaving at 4300 rpm.

What does it stall at 0 boost? Mine is 2500-2600 according to ScanMaster but I have boosted it up to 3400-3600 RPM, heck even 4000 RPM on a bonzai launch in my younger days. :cool:

I'll check the next time I start it up. It's 4300 at 5 lbs of boost.
That's all I can get before it pushes through the lights.

id figure it to have more than 5lbs at that rpm.are you certain the tachometer and boost gages are reading correctly?have any pictures of the car you can email in for our manual?