Tallest tire to fit with a 2" drop

Although I'm a big fan of Hotchkis suspension parts, i'm not a big fan of their springs. They are well known to be inconsistant. Hopefully they settle.

Drove about 50 miles today and we are sitting at 26 3/4" or so. I am running a Currie Ford 9" rear on my GN. No isolator, just some hose on the top coil for now. If it doesn't settle enough, will be cutting coils, no biggie.

Did have something funny happen on the test drive, dead animal in the road, RT 77 in Guilford CT, pretty windy road, guys in CT are probably familiar with it. Great for testing suspension and handling. So, I didn't want to straddle the carnage and have it hang up on the undercarriage so I veered to the right to around it and a couple was walking on that side farther down the road where they wouldn't see the road kill. Think they though I was out of control and they jumped into the woods.:D

Attachments

• spings 002.jpg
    spings 002.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 327
  • spings 006.jpg
    spings 006.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 320
  • spings 008.jpg
    spings 008.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 317
  • spings 012.jpg
    spings 012.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 324
  • spings 001.jpg
    spings 001.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 327
Drove about 50 miles today and we are sitting at 26 3/4" or so. I am running a Currie Ford 9" rear on my GN. No isolator, just some hose on the top coil for now. If it doesn't settle enough, will be cutting coils, no biggie.

Car looks Killer Mark... I like the look with the new wheels...John

Stance looks pretty darn good to me Mark. I wouldn't worry too much about that last 1/2 - 3/4" you're looking for. Drive it a while and I'll bet it settles in close to where you want to be. Obviously springs aren't an exact science due to varying manufacturing tolerences. You'll be needing some dbl-adj rear shocks if you go much lower in order to stiffen up the rear to keep the shocks from bottoming out.

I was out in the shop a little while ago and did some measuring for comparisons sake.

'86 T-Type with 50k original miles - stock CUT springs - rear ride height 26.75 on a 26"' tire

'87 T with 6k original miles - complete virgin stock car - rear ride height 26.25 on stock 26" Goodyear Eagles

'87 GN - highly modified suspenson - pictured above - rear ride height 26.0" on 28" MTs

Goes to show you that there ain't one spring that works the same for all cars.

Stance looks pretty darn good to me Mark. I wouldn't worry too much about that last 1/2 - 3/4" you're looking for. Drive it a while and I'll bet it settles in close to where you want to be. Obviously springs aren't an exact science due to varying manufacturing tolerences. You'll be needing some dbl-adj rear shocks if you go much lower in order to stiffen up the rear to keep the shocks from bottoming out.

I was out in the shop a little while ago and did some measuring for comparisons sake.

'86 T-Type with 50k original miles - stock CUT springs - rear ride height 26.75 on a 26"' tire

'87 T with 6k original miles - complete virgin stock car - rear ride height 26.25 on stock 26" Goodyear Eagles

'87 GN - highly modified suspenson - pictured above - rear ride height 26.0" on 28" MTs

Goes to show you that there ain't one spring that works the same for all cars.
Very True!

Sent you a PM.

SW.