Take a Guess @ HP before the dyno and timing ques.

Well its got my kit.. so 9000 HP :D

If traction is limited.. 11.20 at 127 is my guess. Thats enough MPH to kill most vermin.

Hmmmmm

Congrats on the kills.. I HAVE ONE QUESTION. Who ever gets the closest do they get the car Bob Barker?? lol... I have no idea bout spitting numbers hp tq etc... im just trying to get my car to run.

Patience young Jedi

NO Dyno yet. Our closest track is 1/8th mile my best ET was a high 6.9 (call it seven flat) I had serious traction issues and left about 3/10's on the table from my previous best 60 ft.
I am installing the HR bar and upper/lowers and going back for another try. The best time I saw the slicked 06 run was a 7.8:eek:
Julio, your kit is working well I am at 28-30 PSI (ball bearing 67) on #4 with the dual nozzle, with about 24 degrees across the board for timing. So far.. 1st and second yeilds about 2 degrees of KR . I have to back off as I am simply going too damn fast to slowly see what 3rd and 4th yeilds. Guess it will be @ Bradenton or a late night interstate run to see if your kit and Eric's chip can stave off knock @ those boost/timing levels:cool:

I would say with that combo you better see between 575 and 600 HP and close to 700Ft lbs.

I am just so pleased with the way it runs like a stock, quiet GN with ice cold air:cool:
Do you think I should back off the timing or is the theory to run as much as possible at a given boost as long as KR is not evident? I have seen many setups running about 22 degrees(3rd 4th) with the higher boost and some even scratched into the nines.

I am just so pleased with the way it runs like a stock, quiet GN with ice cold air:cool:
Do you think I should back off the timing or is the theory to run as much as possible at a given boost as long as KR is not evident? I have seen many setups running about 22 degrees(3rd 4th) with the higher boost and some even scratched into the nines.

I think you are going to need to be closer to 650 to scratch them nines:eek:

I will be more than satisfied for this set up to go high tens and live a long and healthy life.:tongue:

NO Dyno yet. Our closest track is 1/8th mile my best ET was a high 6.9 (call it seven flat) I had serious traction issues and left about 3/10's on the table from my previous best 60 ft.
I am installing the HR bar and upper/lowers and going back for another try. The best time I saw the slicked 06 run was a 7.8:eek:
Julio, your kit is working well I am at 28-30 PSI (ball bearing 67) on #4 with the dual nozzle, with about 24 degrees across the board for timing. So far.. 1st and second yeilds about 2 degrees of KR . I have to back off as I am simply going too damn fast to slowly see what 3rd and 4th yeilds. Guess it will be @ Bradenton or a late night interstate run to see if your kit and Eric's chip can stave off knock @ those boost/timing levels:cool:

If you pickup any knock.. you have to add alky. Period. And watch your air fuel numbers, You should be looking at a wideband and target 10.5-10.8 to start and see where that puts you et and MPH wise. Then work on polaying with the air fuel.

My timing is 23.5 across the board. If that helps.

Julio

If you pickup any knock.. you have to add alky. Period. And watch your air fuel numbers, You should be looking at a wideband and target 10.5-10.8 to start and see where that puts you et and MPH wise. Then work on playing with the air fuel.

My timing is 23.5 across the board. If that helps.

Julio

Sorry. How high are you reving that motor with that camshaft? Just curious where that cam runs out of steam (or float starts to give you problems)

Sorry. How high are you reving that motor with that camshaft? Just curious where that cam runs out of steam (or float starts to give you problems)
This is a good point. I may have guessed a little off on my numbers. Torque and hp may be closer to each other than i thought with that cam. Fwiw my buddy went 127+ with a similar setup and a 210-205. Car weighed 3700 lbs with driver. Unfortunately we never dynoed it. I shifted it at 5700 and it went to a little over 6100 crossing the line with 28.5 in slicks.

Yeah, that's a decent sized cam. I think for a pump gas combo, it may be the way to go though. Bleed off some cyl pressure and rev the motor up a bit. I would assume that cam should be good for 64-6500 if you could keep that heavy valvetrain under control with all that boost on the backside of the valve. I guess this is all a little off topic though....sorry about that. :rolleyes:

hell with Dyno #s !! GO RACE THE DAMM THING :eek: :p I want to see how those 67 BB turbo's go :cool: