Tach Issue

craggar

I've been chasing a hesitation , stumble and rich issue with my car.While changing parts and looking for loose or broken wires my tach screwed up.

The last thing I was checking around before the tach screwed up was the cam sensor. Now when I first start the car the tach works. Within a couple a seconds it quits.

Anyone got any ideas with either problem? I've changed, Ign. Module, crank sensor and coil pack. The crank sensor seemed to make it idle a little better but that's it.

Check the wires at the back of the Alt. thats where my problem was when the tach was messing up.

if you mated the green connector and black connector together (at the rear of the A/C compressor), the factory tach won't work.

bw jones

Tks for the replies guys. It's not the wire at the alt. and I didn't mate the two wires at the back of the a/c.

Whatever caused it is related to my other issue I think. After this weekend I'll be able to spend some time on the car and hopefully figure it out.

I dont know if you have a translator plus or not, I have one and the timing section was hooked up and it went bad in the timing side and tach quit working and started running rough. Bypassed it and went back to running right so I dont use that side, the mass air side works fine. Just a thought.....

I dont know if you have a translator plus or not, I have one and the timing section was hooked up and it went bad in the timing side and tach quit working and started running rough. Bypassed it and went back to running right so I dont use that side, the mass air side works fine. Just a thought.....

No I don't but thanks for the tip anyway. Sooner or later I'll get this car figured out.:confused: