TA61 Anyone running one

GHawz13

I am thinking of uprgrading my turbo. I have been talking to Ron Joseph from Ron's Custom Auto. He suggests w/ my setup to go with a TA-61. I was wondering if anyone is running this turbo and if you are how you like it. Is there a lot of lag and what the setup you are running w/ it. He also has a brand new GNX turbo he is willing to sell me for a good price installed and says it will spool quicker and has the ceramic ball. I will probably go with the ta-61 because of the price difference.

Ta/Te61

I'm not sure of your combination but I have used '61's in a bunch of cars and all have performed very well. Cars have gone mid 10's with them. Lag is very little, even with a D-5 converter. I have 2 customers cars currently running this turbo. One runs 10.90's @ 126mph w/9-11 converter, the other went 7.40's in the 1/8 with a D-5 converter, stock long-block, stock intercooler.

HTH,

K.

Combo

What is your combo:

* what are you running now (turbo)?
* Torque Convertor you are running?
* what is your plans (track / street)?
* TA61 is a John Craig turbo from Limit Engineering

* Ron Joseph is "TurboBuick Guru", he knows his stuff and I am sure he talked to you about all this already.

I am running low 11s with a TA61

right now I am running stock turbo and intercooler. I have 009's, powerplate,
fuel pump, 3" THDP, hooker catback, and will be having Eric Schertz of Dynotech is going to install one of his shift kits and i have to talk to him again, but i think he said to put a 2800-3000 stall converter in. Just have to find right combo for the turbo, i think he will know best on that. I am going to pick up my intercooler today and my alky kit is on the way.

I talked to Eric Schertz of Dynoetech today about the setup and he feels i should put a 3200 stall converter in.

Not sure if its lock up or non. I'm sure Eric will put in what he feels will work the best.

Good turbo. You will like it. I went 10.98 with mine so far. Hopefully if the bugs get worked out I'll get a few more tenths out of it. Great on the street also. Good luck :cool: