T center caps

The pricing will be up to Brian.

As for fit, I've tried these parts on 5 different T wheels and with great results! I really can't make them much tighter without shearing the tabs.

Anyone ask for black :biggrin:

DSC00489.jpg

As you can see we officaly have black caps but we're still working on fitting them to the wheels. You see, the issue isn't the caps, It's the wheels. The machine work is crapy. We measured a difference as high as 10 thou in 5 different wheels. Our caps work great on a wheel with 5 thou or less but 10 thou leaves them a bit loose. It's almost impossible to adjust the caps/molds for this...if I spread the tabs to far, they will break off on a tight clearence wheel. So I'm working on a universal fix all for GM's error as well as better understanding it. I really hope to have this nailed down sometime this week.

Thanks
Ray

If some people have fitment issues they can always just use a little bit of silicone on them like most of us do with our original caps anyways.

If some people have fitment issues they can always just use a little bit of silicone on them like most of us do with our original caps anyways.

Yes sir, we had pretty good luck with a thin O ring. We have one wheel that the cap would clamp but slide up and down in the wheel. So we stuck an O ring on hoping it would limit the travel of the cap. It did pretty good. The cap held tight and had very little spin/slidding motion.

I wouldnt worry about it. As long as they snap in they should stay there even if they are a little loose. My original caps that I have now taken off spun and kind of wobbled a little bit in my wheels, but even going almost 90 or so on the interstate they never came off. If people want the extra snuggness they can just silicone them or use an o ring like you did. Any word on price yet?

I wouldnt worry about it. As long as they snap in they should stay there even if they are a little loose. My original caps that I have now taken off spun and kind of wobbled a little bit in my wheels, but even going almost 90 or so on the interstate they never came off. If people want the extra snuggness they can just silicone them or use an o ring like you did. Any word on price yet?

I'm just worry about all those 11 second Regals :eek: :D

Anyhow, no word on the price yet.

Just to let you know I am the one who helped mark at TR parts design that original looking center cap overlay about a year ago. He had one that was just the tri shield without any of the design work in the center of each shield, so I hooked him up with some nice pictures and his engraver made it happen. Im so glad that something that I had a part of is getting ready to take off and really help a lot of Turbo Regal owners.

Slaving away still...I'm also experimenting with chroming plastic parts :D I hope to have a sample tomorrow.

Update:

Well my molds took a dump on me:eek: It took us a few days to figure out what happened but I think we got it narrowed down to faulty meassurment devices. I've been using some "Smart Quick Mix" containers you get from any auto paint store. Their marks are way off for what I'm doing with ressin. You just take two containers and fill one up with water to lets say the 2oz mark. Then pure that into the other container. Then you repeat this and you will see instead of 4oz's, you have right at 5oz's. The uneven ratio caused the material in the molds to swell. So this messed with the quality of the part.

This isn't all that good but it's not 100% bad either. The good news is, the boxes can be reused. I just have to clean the boxes out and order some new Silicone and ressin. So the down time is half that of having to completely rebuild the molds. I'm hoping to be back making parks next week. Sorry about the delay but I would rather have good parts than questionable parts.

Thanks
Ray

PS, I'm still playing around with chroming plastic. I'll post pictures if I turn out anything nice.

i will take 2 sets

black of course,if priced right and i would like the red t inlay as well as the correct original...thanks.it about f-ing time...

Update:

Well my molds took a dump on me:eek: It took us a few days to figure out what happened but I think we got it narrowed down to faulty meassurment devices. I've been using some "Smart Quick Mix" containers you get from any auto paint store. Their marks are way off for what I'm doing with ressin. You just take two containers and fill one up with water to lets say the 2oz mark. Then pure that into the other container. Then you repeat this and you will see instead of 4oz's, you have right at 5oz's. The uneven ratio caused the material in the molds to swell. So this messed with the quality of the part.

This isn't all that good but it's not 100% bad either. The good news is, the boxes can be reused. I just have to clean the boxes out and order some new Silicone and ressin. So the down time is half that of having to completely rebuild the molds. I'm hoping to be back making parks next week. Sorry about the delay but I would rather have good parts than questionable parts.

Thanks
Ray

PS, I'm still playing around with chroming plastic. I'll post pictures if I turn out anything nice.

We are so GRATEFUL for you even trying to fill a big VOID on a 20+year old car....:cool: Keep us posted. I am in for a set...America Racing screwed a bunch of the GN guys on their reproduce wheel that went on the Dukes of Hazzard Chargers. Keep us posted BLACK or GREY... it don't matter:biggrin:

We are so GRATEFUL for you even trying to fill a big VOID on a 20+year old car....:cool: Keep us posted. I am in for a set...America Racing screwed a bunch of the GN guys on their reproduce wheel that went on the Dukes of Hazzard Chargers. Keep us posted BLACK or GREY... it don't matter:biggrin:

Hey thanks

I'll know more tomorrow but for now I'm pretty sure one of the molds is finnished. Just need some new ressin to resume production. I'm hopping this will take place in the next day or two.

Ray

Ray! Any thought of making the recess for the emblem overlay a little less deeper? My engraver is going to be making the overlays 1/8" thick. That is the thickest he can make them. Also, have you heard from Brian at all the past few days?? Hoping everything is OK with him and Kasci as it isn't like him to not email back.

Ray! Any thought of making the recess for the emblem overlay a little less deeper? My engraver is going to be making the overlays 1/8" thick. That is the thickest he can make them. Also, have you heard from Brian at all the past few days?? Hoping everything is OK with him and Kasci as it isn't like him to not email back.

That should be the right thinkness shouldn't it? My parts should come out the same as a OEM part...in order to change that, I would have to modify the OEM part and remake the molds. If you want I can send you or your engraver a sample part to check for clearences?

As for Brian, no I haven't heard from him in about a week.

Ray

Ray, how are they coming? I am looking at buying a set of T rims for my 86 t-type and need a full set of caps. I know a friend of mine needs a full set for his to. What price are we talking here for a full set of 4 when you get them done? Thanks Daniel Ray