Suspension Help 87 GN

detaildave

Ok heres the story . I rebuilt the entire suspension ,I had other upper lower control arms that i had powder coated , I replaced all the bushings. i put everything back in correctly(Springs seated correctly).My problem is since i did all this the car sits like there is no motor in it ,The only thing i did different was ,i put 5/8 heater hose around the top of the spring ,because the absorber was flattened out. so whats the issue i used the same springs (and they were out for about 8 hrs) I've only driven it about 25 miles since that. I did put KYB shocks on it .So will it slowly go back to the height that it used to sit ? should I loosen up the bolts on the control arms to possibly help it settle ?.Do I need to drive it more. Or get 2inch drop springs ...HELP

Sounds like the springs aren't seated in the lower control arm right. Seen it happen before.

Loosen the lower a-arm mounting bolts. And loosen the end bolts on the upper a-arm shaft. Drive around the block, it should be lower now. Need to have the weight of the car on the suspension when those bolts are re-torqued. Otherwise the bushings act like an additional spring.

Uppers can be tightened first from under the hood. Then jack it up and place planks of wood under the tire(s). Lower jack and tighten the lower bolts.

RemoveBeforeFlight