Street race gone bad

What a shame. Wont be a nice mothers day for that familey. If I were that ladies husband, I dont think I would be so nice. No punishment is a fair trade for what that loser took from that family. At 40 years old he should know better. Take it to the track!

That is terrible. I feel so bad for the family. I agree, take it to the track. Its not worth ending up killing someone. And especially at 6:30 p.m.?:mad: That just angered me watching it.

I pray for her soul and her family! May she RIP!

That was awful...

This is just horrible,i hope every one that is watching this clip relize how dangerous it is when street racing.Man feel really bad for the family for what their going through.

I just dont understand when this sh*t is going to stop. If it keeps happening, we're going to end up having to return our cars back to stock or not be allowed to drive on the streets at all. And like some places, if they find aftermarket parts on our cars, they'll take our cars from us. Just like everything else, some stupid a$$ people ruin it for all of us. GO TO THE DAMN TRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

I just dont understand when this sh*t is going to stop. If it keeps happening, we're going to end up having to return our cars back to stock or not be allowed to drive on the streets at all. And like some places, if they find aftermarket parts on our cars, they'll take our cars from us. Just like everything else, some stupid a$$ people ruin it for all of us. GO TO THE DAMN TRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

This is wye i hate when my gn breaks down on me because i find myself up grading to performance parts and the temptation of street racing is always their when you find yourself at a red light next to a fast car

Good old Detroit. For those of you who are not from the area, street racing is a site to be seen. You would not believe the amount of people that come to watch. They shut down streets, block traffic, and the spectators line both sides of the 1/4 mile.
It is truly unfortunate that the police can not, and do not do more about it, and that an innocent person was killed.
I've seen police watch street races in Detroit before. Kind of a wierd world.

i read somewhere that the mayor of Detroit wanted to open up a drag strip but wasn't able to past the bill or somethink like that.Maybe some one from that area can give us more info.

i read somewhere that the mayor of Detroit wanted to open up a drag strip but wasn't able to past the bill or somethink like that.Maybe some one from that area can give us more info.

They wanted to re open Detroit Dragway, but no one wanted to flip the bill, city or private party. The nearest track to downtown would be lapeer or milan. Lapeer is total garbage, and milan is super expensive and almost 2 hours away.
They need to re open it to keep guys safe, and off the streets.

JEff

They wanted to re open Detroit Dragway, but no one wanted to flip the bill, city or private party. The nearest track to downtown would be lapeer or milan. Lapeer is total garbage, and milan is super expensive and almost 2 hours away.
They need to re open it to keep guys safe, and off the streets.

It's the same story in every major city. It's sad because the local governments know that opening up a strip would save lives but it would also cut down on revenue for the city. Not to mention building a strip close to or within a major city would probably drive down value of the homes and properties near it because of the noise and crowds.

All they're going to do is vilify people with modded cars and create dumb laws like in California.

No amout of caution will take the place of pure stupididy.

Well, that woman looked to be about (45). She probably had another (40) years of life left. Lets hope the court sentences that animal to (40) years.

Now I wonder if they catch the other driver if he will be charged equally? Conspiracy to committ murder? Likely.

Murder to me seems like the wrong charge. Vehicular homicide seems more appropriate to me. Maybe they don't have a charge like that there? I would find that hard to believe tho.

It is truly unfortunate that the police can not, and do not do more about it, and that an innocent person was killed.

Oh the police could do much more like seizing anyones vehicle that not only participates but spectates as well. How many people do you think will come out to watch a street race when (200) cars are seized in one night? I can assure you not many.

But the liberals of the world frown against that type of action. It has been tried here in connecticut and the courts think it is unreasonable:rolleyes: It's a shame that many more people will die before stricter standards are in place.

It's sad how money can be spent on certain things within our government and when it comes to things that would SURELY save lives and create revenue get looked past. If the city opened up a strip, $10 a head plus concessions, and could keep a few people employed, I would think they'd be ahead in the long run?

Its simple make law like they got in south florida get caught drag racing they take your **** and its gone for good. when there buddys car in a scrap yard for drag racing It would wake alot of people up that they are not playing games.

I'm fortunate to have 3 1/8th mile strips within 30 miles of the house and I live out in the boonies. Even though most of the fanboyz have a strip within 10 mile of the house they still go out and street race. The have 200+ people out in the middle of nowhere and the wonder now the cops find them.

We even went so far as had a couple of the local strips have a "street race" night. No times no christmas tree just a flagger and prepped track and no one goes for it.

I dunno

I hate threads like this...

...but things do happen. I am sorry to hear about a death like this. Isn't the first and won't be the last. People make mistakes. I am going out on a limb here and will be man enough to admit I have made some decisions at times.
I do however think the guys on the finish line may have a different version of what happened. I am not trying to place the blame on the Saturn driver, but I have seen people avoid and disreguard the instructions being given to them from spectators. I have witnessed people cut off speed cars on the highway to force them to slow down. Even saw a woman attempt block an undercover(L.E.V) car coming down the shoulder with strobes and wig-wags.(flashing headlights)
The states look to us as responsible drivers not to do certain things: Street racing in a quarter mile fashion, or roll racing on the highway, speeding,(to check your boost, tuning, etc) spinning tires, burnouts, fish tailing, and whatever else. I know some have quite a hike to reach a dragstrip and figure that 3 minute showdown isn't worth the 1,2,3 hour ride. Open roads are tempting and jugding by the tire marks at the starting line in the vid its a popular spot. Should you blame the city for not putting speed humps there? Or the police for not patroling the area more frequently...NO! I blame the racers.
However, ask yourself if you have ever broken the rules of the road before you take the pulpit to criticize someone else. It's cool to speak your mind. It just kind of bothers me to see the people who give kutos to a TR or (any car for that matter) puting the smack down on the street in a posted vid or a kill story, then flame a guy when it ends deadly. Thank you for allowing me to vent in this post. I don't intend to go back and forth, debate, or put anyone on the spot. Just my.02...