STEP BY STEP ENGINE REBUILD!

http://taperformance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=TA_V1705

You will have to order head gaskets seperately. If you dont have one, you will need a good torque wrench.

You will need a double roller timing chain set as well. I would have a look at your front cover. Earl Brown on the board can hook you up with a blueprinted front cover.

Where are you located? You will need a good machine shop to rebuild the block.

And for your goals, I would recommend an alky kit from Razor. Get with Turbotweak on the board or his website and he can burn you a new chip for the alky and your combo.

You wanted to put the 200 R4 back in, there are a few guys on here that can rebuild a trans that will hold up to the abuse you will dish out. Dusty from PTC can build you a 10 inch converter with the lockup so you can have overdrive and beat the hell out of it. The best of both worlds.

In my opinion those are NOT ebay headers.....Much thicker flange than what the ebay headers have....

And for your goals, I would recommend an alky kit from Razor. Get with Turbotweak on the board or his website and he can burn you a new chip for the alky and your combo.

You wanted to put the 200 R4 back in, there are a few guys on here that can rebuild a trans that will hold up to the abuse you will dish out. Dusty from PTC can build you a 10 inch converter with the lockup so you can have overdrive and beat the hell out of it. The best of both worlds.
Thanks a lot reggie this was very usefull info i am from montreal canada and i have very good guys that know these cars around me!

hello; Are you having fun yet? Looks like you are. Can you talk to the PO and find out exactly what was done to the car and what's in it? What sucked in my case when I got my car is the engine had been rebuilt and when asking questions about it to the builder he had no answers for me. He said with turbo engines we just look for oil pressure and that was it. I think he thought the build had a problem but what kind of answer was that? I still don't know what was done.
IBBY

Well my garage is not heated so took a break until temprature gets better i should post here very soon engine should be coming out in a week or so! So guys stay tuned!

Hi there guys hows it going?

I have a question for you guys???

I am thinking i would like to put an electric fan on the intercooler instead of a the crank driven one anybody ever try any tips ???

Let me know??

Why earl my fan is busted so i have a small electric fan laying around ! My crank driven fan caused my crank to fail because it lost a blade and i guess caused a bad vibration on my crank! So it ate up my trhust washer!

I sold me stock intercooler fan on Ebay about 10 years ago. No change in inlet temp that can be measured. All an electric fan will do is add weight to the nose and add drag to the alternator.

There's no way your missing plastic fan blade caused a thrust bearing to die. Not enough mass and the load is 90* off.

What could have done that then?
TQ converter ballooned and pushed forward taking out the thrust.
Classic issue of someone buying a cheap torque converter and putting it behind a motor that makes a lot of tq.