Steering box Leaking? 2010 Problem #1

Turboeyes

Changing my oil, an noticed the bottom of the steering box leaking(red). Anybody had similiar problem? What's the fix?

Changing my oil, an noticed the bottom of the steering box leaking(red). Anybody had similiar problem? What's the fix?

The seal is bad on the output shaft. That's what happens when you use ATF (red) instead of power steering oil. The seals in the box are not compatible with ATF.

I've never added anything to it. So should be PS fluid. So the box needs to be rebuilt, or can I just do seal? Either way it has to come off?

I've never added anything to it. So should be PS fluid. So the box needs to be rebuilt, or can I just do seal? Either way it has to come off?

If the fluid is red, it's ATF. Check for excessive side play in the output shaft. It it's ok you can get away with changing the seal. If you have a lot of play it will have to be rebuilt. Either way, it has to come off.

Changed mine

Same problem I changed seal but it was a bear to get out, and I bumped crank sensor damaging it. Ended up replacing crank sensor at same time. Just warning to be aware if you do it.