Stator install

AlaskaGN

I was just wondering if there is anything special I need to do when I change out the TC and my hardened stator shaft. Is it just a quick bolt on?

I was just wondering if there is anything special I need to do when I change out the TC and my hardened stator shaft. Is it just a quick bolt on?

You have to pull the pump to change the stator support. It bolts in from the back of the pump with 3 torx bolts.

No its needs to be pressed in but can be done with careful use on soft face hammer. Its aluminum so CAREFUL
It should have a dowel alignment if i remember correctly

And it should ALWAYS be chucked up into a lathe to make sure it is perpendicular to pump face. If it is off, then the stator does not ride true and you get wear. I have had a few pressed in carefully that are still off .004" and take them to the machine shop to make sure they are "square" to avoid any trouble.

And it should ALWAYS be chucked up into a lathe to make sure it is perpendicular to pump face. If it is off, then the stator does not ride true and you get wear. I have had a few pressed in carefully that are still off .004" and take them to the machine shop to make sure they are "square" to avoid any trouble.

+1

10 mm hex headed aod valve body hold down plate bolts make good replacements for the stock torx heads