Starting OVER (roller /chassis) 25.5

Cliff,

I'd love to check that out sometime when you get it back. I think you know my buddy Don with the WRX, used to have a GN?

Cliff,

I'd love to check that out sometime when you get it back. I think you know my buddy Don with the WRX, used to have a GN?

I think I went to Don's house a couple years ago and helped him put his GN back together? Then I never heard from or saw him again... He sold it?!?!?!

Attachments

• DSCF0206.jpg
    DSCF0206.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 561
another one.... THEE slowest chassis work EVER... but it will be worth the wait ;)

Attachments

• DSCF0201.jpg
    DSCF0201.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 569
Well since the TA can be considered the "Regal drive train test chassis" lol - I guess I can post up a few pics here.

Basically the fate of this TA is to be the test bed for the powerplant for 08, then after that it will most likely be sold as a roller while the powerplant and drivetrain get transplanted into the 25.5 Regal....

Well since the TA can be considered the "Regal drive train test chassis" lol - I guess I can post up a few pics here.

Basically the fate of this TA is to be the test bed for the powerplant for 08, then after that it will most likely be sold as a roller while the powerplant and drivetrain get transplanted into the 25.5 Regal....

car is looking damn good.

Here are some "Regal powerplant in TA test chassis" photos :

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 688
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 718
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 689
  • 5813902785495.jpg
    5813902785495.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 685
Hows that TA Run? Whats the ET How big is that Motor what is the Build Up
Blo-thru deal How well is that working? I here they are Tuff to Tune.
Dual Float Bowls on High Boost Setups I here.

Well the Regal chassis is still under construction... but further than the last photos I posted, Ill try to get current photos up soon.

As far as the TA - It is for sale / trade. Have only started it, but has not been tuned or driven. Was planning to do 25.2 chassis to it for this season, then throw the drivetrain into the regal over next winter, and convert to EFI. But I don't have the time to mess with it this year, as personal and professional matters have me really tied up (in a good way).

The Bird is on racingjunk, and posted for sale on here too- :cool:

25.5 update

Well I stopped out at the shop last night to check up on the car (and borrow the complete TRZ suspension set up to throw on the T type). Not much progress to show, but the majority of the cage is knocked over for final welding, and ready to be put back in place.

Attachments

• 3.20.08 001.jpg
    3.20.08 001.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 533
  • 3.20.08 003.jpg
    3.20.08 003.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 534
  • 3.20.08 004.jpg
    3.20.08 004.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 533
  • 3.20.08 009.jpg
    3.20.08 009.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 537
  • 3.20.08 010.jpg
    3.20.08 010.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 535
The rack on the left of the inside of the trunk is built to support the ice cell, the fuel cell will be offset to the right, and it will be set up to run dual batteries one in each far side close to the quarter. The reason for the shelf is in case the water cell gets replaced with twin bottles (never happen). Also, they welded threaded inserts onto the added plating to the frame mounts for the rear suspension. No more trying to squeeze hardware back there, just slide the bolt in and torque. :cool:

Attachments

• 3.20.08 002.jpg
    3.20.08 002.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 523
Cliff,

I have been following this, your car looks great! Do you have any more pics of the front bars by the dash/a-pillar? I am doing mine now and am curious how yours turned out!

Thx!
Rick

Hey Rick, I can't seem to find the memory card that I took the most recent photos with only a couple weeks ago. The cage is a bit further along, and I specifically took photos of the a-pillar, dash bar, and the front bars because I wanted to duplicate the work on my t type street car (only an 8 point)... but don't know where they are. I will try to get new photos up shortly. :)

Cliff,

Thanks, that would be great!

I have been coming back to this thread a lot as I really like what you have been doing with the car.

I am in the middle of building a cage, and after looking at this (and talking to a few others) I have decided to do the rear very similar to what you did, turned out nice (I did not do the x brace).

I have done front bars though the dash before.. but they were a single bar from the main hoop all the way forward (MAJOR PITA) :) and that car did not use a traditional steering column. On this project I thought I might try what you guys did, just wanted more of an idea how the bottom bars went. (Looks great), seems like the 2 pc front bars would be a lot easier.

Oh well enough rambling... :) Great job, car looks great!

Thx!