Starting OVER (roller /chassis) 25.5

Yes, I had their front suspension on my GN, and was very happy with it, and also had their double adjustable rear stuff. All top quality!

While part of me would like to do the manual rack, I think I am going to stick with the manual box for now, but will get the flaming river box to tighten things up better than the stocker with the crappy rag joint.

Is that the same TRZ that used to be in Frankfort?

Yes, they sold to another owner, but it is the same company. I dont think they have the same people, and are now based in FL. But I think this occured over a year ago, cause the last TRZ a-arms I got were out of Florida.. I met Mike from there at the Drag Race Expo in Schaumburg two weeks ago, very good guy to talk to-

TRZ Stuff on it's Way! :)

Talked to Mike over at TRZ today (Great Guy) , and my goodies should be here some time next week: (The picture of the lowers is the single adjustable, but I ordered the double adjustable)

Attachments

• 319cas.jpg
    319cas.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,499
  • gm201.jpg
    gm201.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,466
  • lower_rear_control_arms.jpg
    lower_rear_control_arms.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 1,454
I hope to be stopping by the shop thats doing the 25.5 this weekend to see how we are doing, but the real progress probably wont start happening until next week.

I sold my turbo and intercooler to another board member (shipping out today), and already found a package deal on another 88mm turbo, A2W cooler, BOV, WG, water cell, ect. From a friend of mine (details to follow later).

The open items that I have to make decisions on over the next few weeks include what brakes to run (leaning towards strange), picking out a third member, glide and converter. I'll keep you all posted as parts are ordered! :cool:

So I have decided to start over with a hard top regal since I am going to be going 25.5 to obtain a 7.50 chassis cert. I will be dropping off the GN roller with the new owner on saturday, and picking up the hard top regal on sunday and delivering to my chassis guy...

I probably should have decided to do this earlier, as now it will be a tight schedule to get everything done and back on the track when the season starts...

Here's the plan for the roller:
25.5 moly chassis
mini tub / frame notch
front and mid motor plates for SBC
Single Chute mount
FAB 9 rear
Double adjustable upper and lower rear control arms
Anti-roll Bar
Tubular front suspension
4-wheel disc brakes
Fiberglass hood, deck lid, and bumpers
Racing seats (undecided what brand)

Transmission:
Glide with brake / Converter (not selected yet, doing some research)

Turbo kit:
I am going to be redoing the turbo kit, but not sure at the moment if I will be staying with the air to air, or going liquid to air. Will still run a GT47-88mm turbo, but plan on having a full single 4" exhaust with muffler this time around.

Motor:
Runnin the same 358ci bowtie motor that I got the end of last season.

As construction begins, and continues, I will update with photos, ect.

The goal is to be turn key and ready to tune by May 1st.

I've got some work ahead of me- LOL

Isnt 25.5 only good for 8.50s???

Isnt 25.5 only good for 8.50s???

Main

25.1E Full Bodied Car Tube Chassis – 7.49 Seconds & Quicker; 2,800 lbs. Maximum

25.2 Full Bodied Car Tube Chassis – 7.49 Seconds & Quicker; 3,200 lbs. Maximum

25.4 Full Bodied Car Tube Chassis – 7.50 to 8.49 Seconds; 3,600 lbs. Maximum
25.5 Full Bodied Car Stock or Modified/OEM Floorpan and Firewall with OEM Frame or Uni-Body Construction – 7.50 to 8.49 Seconds; 3,600 lbs. Maximum

Right John : 25.5 Full Bodied Car Stock or Modified/OEM Floorpan and Firewall with OEM Frame or Uni-Body Construction – 7.50 to 8.49 Seconds; 3,600 lbs. Maximum

Thats what I'm doing...

Needless to say I didnt make it up to the chassis shop this past weekend, but will be going up there this weekend. I will be bringing the rear, rear suspension, and drivers seat. They have not started doing any tube work yet, but the frame rails are notched, and the rear suspension mounting locations have been reinforced and gusseted. The trunk floor has been removed, and the stock wheel tubs cut out. New tubs are fabricated, but they are leaving them out until all of the tube work in the back is complete. I will have pictures over the weekend for sure-

Cliff

Yes, I had their front suspension on my GN, and was very happy with it, and also had their double adjustable rear stuff. All top quality!

While part of me would like to do the manual rack, I think I am going to stick with the manual box for now, but will get the flaming river box to tighten things up better than the stocker with the crappy rag joint.

Picked it up last week. Hopefully it will be in the car tommorow or Thurs.

Attachments

• rack kit.JPG
    rack kit.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,423
Back from MAUI!

Well I just got back from Maui a couple days ago, and figured I post a lil update info:

I did sell the air to air cooler and GT47-88 from last season, and am going to be running a true 88mm Turbonetics ceramic double ball bearing unit, and a liquid to air cooler this year. I also picked up 50mm Turbonetics WG, and 50mm Tial BOV. The chassis work is coming along slowly but surely, and I'm not in the biggest hurry, as there are still some big $$$ items I have to come up with coin for, namely the Glide & Converter, Paint, Brakes, Center section, ect... However I do have a couple pics of some of the chassis work under the trunk area, but they are not very current:

Attachments

• DSCF0195.jpg
    DSCF0195.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,331
  • DSCF0196.jpg
    DSCF0196.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,347
That is the ART anti-roll kit we are going with. I will be taking some updated photos later this week, along with some more detailed photos showing the frame notch, gusseting, ect.

The stock floor was cut out of the trunk to make this work easier, and the stock floor will be welded back into place with the new wheel tubs once all the cage work is done-

Cliff

Well I just got back from Maui a couple days ago, and figured I post a lil update info:

I did sell the air to air cooler and GT47-88 from last season, and am going to be running a true 88mm Turbonetics ceramic double ball bearing unit, and a liquid to air cooler this year. I also picked up 50mm Turbonetics WG, and 50mm Tial BOV. The chassis work is coming along slowly but surely, and I'm not in the biggest hurry, as there are still some big $$$ items I have to come up with coin for, namely the Glide & Converter, Paint, Brakes, Center section, ect... However I do have a couple pics of some of the chassis work under the trunk area, but they are not very current:

Cliff,

What is the reason to go from the GT47-88 to the Turbonetics 88MM???

Cliff,

What is the reason to go from the GT47-88 to the Turbonetics 88MM???

Well it was kinda part of a package deal. When I sold my GT47-88 and the air to air, I had intended on going with a liquid cooler and a PT98/88.. However, I got a great package deal price on the turbonetics unit, liquid cooler, water cell, water pump, lines, BOV, WG, ect.. from a friend who was parting out an incomplete project. This turbo will not quite make as much power as the PT98/88 would have, but will certainly make more HP than the GT47 would have, and will light up alot quicker, as it has a .96 exhaust housing, and is double ceramic ball bearing. It is a custom turbo, and according to turbonetics the baddest TRUE 88mm turbo available. Same turbo went 181mph in 3400lb drag radial car with 1.41 60foot... small cubic in car too. So it will certainly meet my HP needs- :cool:

Thats the story John, I'll keep the info flowing... should have more chassis pics this weekend!

Well it was kinda part of a package deal. When I sold my GT47-88 and the air to air, I had intended on going with a liquid cooler and a PT98/88.. However, I got a great package deal price on the turbonetics unit, liquid cooler, water cell, water pump, lines, BOV, WG, ect.. from a friend who was parting out an incomplete project. This turbo will not quite make as much power as the PT98/88 would have, but will certainly make more HP than the GT47 would have, and will light up alot quicker, as it has a .96 exhaust housing, and is double ceramic ball bearing. It is a custom turbo, and according to turbonetics the baddest TRUE 88mm turbo available. Same turbo went 181mph in 3400lb drag radial car with 1.41 60foot... small cubic in car too. So it will certainly meet my HP needs- :cool:

Thats the story John, I'll keep the info flowing... should have more chassis pics this weekend!

Cliff,

The GT47-88 is rated at 1500HP and a PT88/98 is rated at 1700HP.
The Turbonetics unit going181MPH @ 3400lbs =~ 1574HP. That sounds like enough to have some fun for sure. The dual ball bearing and the small exhaust housing should let this thing come up pretty easy. This should allow you to run a tighter converter which will keep the trans temps lower and MPH higher.
Please send me a picture when you get a chance, I think this in the newer style unit with the strange volute. Thanks for the update, I am holding my breath for the next one.

Its been a while, here are a few more recent photos -

Attachments

• cliffcar020um4.jpg
    cliffcar020um4.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 842
  • cliffcar021hl2.jpg
    cliffcar021hl2.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 835
Couple more...

Attachments

• cliffcar014qr2.jpg
    cliffcar014qr2.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 837
  • cliffcar019qt2.jpg
    cliffcar019qt2.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 828
and a couple more...

Attachments

• cliffcar016bq5.jpg
    cliffcar016bq5.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 831
  • cliffcar029db8.jpg
    cliffcar029db8.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 828
Coming along slowly but surely :cool: I still haven't made it out to the shop since I got back from vacation.. hopefully this weekend! :)

Coming along slowly but surely :cool: I still haven't made it out to the shop since I got back from vacation.. hopefully this weekend! :)

That could be my new favorite car in the making.
More udates ASAP please!!!