ssm lift bars

gnx521

Do the old south SSM side machine bars work on our cars I got a new set and want to know if I should keep them for a future car. THanks Mark

Throw them in the garbage. They will distort the mounting holes, make tons of noise, and cause frame damage.

Wouldn't use them without welding the brackets in. Everyone complains about damaging the holes in the frame, but considering the amount of force that gets transferred through these bars, it's gunna happen. If you weld them on then you don't need to bolt them in.

I think he is talking about the actuall LCA's. The relocation brackets are fine but the solid bushing LCA's allow no shock protection and the metal on metal shifts in the suspension are horrible on the frame.

I think he is talking about the actuall LCA's. The relocation brackets are fine but the solid bushing LCA's allow no shock protection and the metal on metal shifts in the suspension are horrible on the frame.

X2!..I agree about them being very noisy and some possible frame bolt hole damage...BUT... I'm wondering if he's talking about the lower control arms themselves or some old style traction bars that were bolted on the same LCA bracket on the rear axle housing and have a rubber snubber that comes in contact with the underside of the frame under hard acceleration, depending on the adjustment that was achieved via a shorter link with two rod ends?...:rolleyes: I still have the whole installation procedure for those on an old 1989-era video called "Buick Grand National video Vol.1 and Vol 2"...:wink:

Claude.:D