Springfield arms XD40

TexasT

Texas, Where are you from
Not a big pistol guy. Was wondering what opinions one might have on this xd40?

Big Magazine
Looked like it fires no matter according to several reviews
Bad
Might be too much for wife to handle

Discuss

TIA

The 45 holds 12. I have several XD's and have been very happy with them.

If your wife is recoil sensitive she will not like the .40 caliber especially from a polymer pistol. Also, I personally don't like the grip safety on the XD models.

Always was interested in the XD's but as someone already said. Not fond of the grip safety. Ordering my M&P40 tomm.

BobbyBuick said:
Springfield armory XDM
9mm 19 round mags
40 cal 16 round mags
not sure about 45

13 rds for 45

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

HighPSI said:
The 45 holds 12. I have several XD's and have been very happy with them.

Cal, my SA-XD holds 13 in mag + 1 chamber

TexasT said:
Not a big pistol guy. Was wondering what opinions one might have on this xd40?

Big Magazine
Looked like it fires no matter according to several reviews
Bad
Might be too much for wife to handle

Discuss

TIA

Take a look at the SA-XD models. The come with a thumb safety. My XF 45 kicks just the same if not less than my Glock model 22 (40 SW)

Cal, my SA-XD holds 13 in mag + 1 chamber

You are correct. When I looked at it, the grip extension was covering the indicator hole for #13. Sorry, if I misled anyone

HighPSI said:
You are correct. When I looked at it, the grip extension was covering the indicator hole for #13. Sorry, if I misled anyone

Cal, not trying to call to out on this. I am a big support of high cap mags. Just wish the XD held more...

Always was interested in the XD's but as someone already said. Not fond of the grip safety. Ordering my M&P40 tomm.

Same here. Brother in Law has an XDM9 and it just felt a little awkward to me. I ended up getting a M&P 40 little over a year ago and love it. Might just be me, but I swear the recoil isn't as bad as his 9mm.

Thank you for all the replies and great info.

Just looking for some home protection the wife can handle. 40 with more stopping power isn't much good if.she can't hit the target.

We will have to go to the range and shoot one and see.

Thanks again.

I shot the XD, CZ 75 B and HK USP in 40 yesterday.
They were all nice, the CZ was the most accurate and ergonomic for me.
I am still trying to decide on what to pick up.
They were out of .45 ACP ammo, so I couldn't try them.
After all that, I don't think you would be making a bad choice with the XD.

I just bought the Smith and Wesson .40 cal M & P with Crimson Trace Laser Grips for conceal carry. Came with two 15 round magazines...Awesome pistol! Not too much recoil, and unbelievably easy to take apart....very, very well made.....the Springfield's grip was just a little too big for me.....this S & M came also with three interchangeable back straps......carrying this is almost next to nothing for me, as I'm so used to carrying the .44 S & M magnum, 6 1/2" barrel. A difference between night and day......the M & P is one hell of a gun....your wife might like it......some recoil, but not in a big way....and it's never failed me as far as firing. So easy to clean. The laser is spot on. Only problem is I can't find extra 15 round magazines because they are all sold out.....thanks to the scare perpetrated by the empty suit in the White House.....would love to get extras so I don't have to waste time at the firing range reloading them....time is money there......but, couldn't be happier with the M & P. Keep in mind, the only safety is on the trigger, plus it can hold a round in the chamber making it a 16 round gun. The ammo is pretty cheap also....a hell of a lot cheaper that .44s!

Maybe you should check one out. I did, and was just delighted! Great for conceal carry with a hell of a lot of firepower if needed.

Bruce '87 Grand National

I feel like the only one who believes in this,but if it is going to possibly be used by your wife in a emergency situation and she is not going to have constant training and practice.
Get her a revolver..........maybe smith bodyguard or such. Just point and click.