Spread the word that BG is cancelled!

DFISCUS

I know that everyone on here already knows that the Nats are cancelled BUT I have been trying to get the word out to others that might not get on the board. So far I have talked to 3 people that had no idea that there was a flood and the race wouldn't be held. Anyway just thought that i would encourage everyone to get the word out. You might be surprised who DOSEN'T know!!!!!

Dave Fiscus

That is a good idea…but I have a question …they know the people that pre registered… are they not contacting them in any way besides their posting on the web sight?????

most boards know what is going on..it is those that are not on the net that will not know...and I am sure there will be a few

I talked to Richard last night and offered whatever assistance the Buick Performance Group could offer...he was grateful and was looking forward to the October Event

most boards know what is going on..it is those that are not on the net that will not know...and I am sure there will be a few

I talked to Richard last night and offered whatever assistance the Buick Performance Group could offer...he was grateful and was looking forward to the October Event

That is great that you offered to help.....but it sounds like the answer is no....or am I mistaken…???

I know that everyone on here already knows that the Nats are cancelled BUT I have been trying to get the word out to others that might not get on the board. So far I have talked to 3 people that had no idea that there was a flood and the race wouldn't be held. Anyway just thought that i would encourage everyone to get the word out. You might be surprised who DOSEN'T know!!!!!

Dave Fiscus

Dave good idea, are you going to make it to OH the next weekend? I am up in the air as to whether i am going or not, I blew my new tranny! Less than 40 miles on it! I just can't seem to get a break. Hopefully can get it out ,shipped back to MI and rebuilt by then.

Bryan

Hey Phoneguy,
I will be in Norwalk ready to have a good time. Hope your trans makes it back so you can make it also. I know what you mean about catching a break. It seems like it is always something.

Take care,

Dave Fiscus

Sean

I want to step up and comment about your reaching out to the GSCA. Being around Buicks for some 20+ years, I have had so much dissappointment with the termoil between the groups. I always thought of our community as better than that. We will always have the few with small penis syndrom (sorry, I figured that would be a good way to put it), that has to ruffle feathers as much as they can.

If we can't move forward and work together, our passion will not benefit like possible. There are no other groups out there that are going to try to keep us alive just to be beat by us.:wink:

Let's keep this working together going strong and everyone benefits.

THANKS ! ! ! :cool:

Mike

I talked to Richard again tonight for 45 mins,,,they will be making a post on the GSCA board in regards to pre-registration and their refund policy etc....all it take is a phone call to find out what is going on... I did suggest that they post on other sites so that everyone who is internet savy will know....as with the BPG there are numerous members who do not visit the net...so if you know of anyone,,,reach out to them and let them know....Richard did tell me that a number of hotels had reached out to those that had reservations that the event was canceled...

Microtel sure as heck is not. I made reservations through Expedia. Non-refundable. I don't want a refund, just to change my dates. They would not let me.

Try to stay away from them.

Maybe take a couple dollars away from them !

Mike

Contact your credit card company, they will make it happen for you or you will get charges removed. Stand your ground.

Bryan

Contact your credit card company, they will make it happen for you or you will get charges removed. Stand your ground.

Bryan

Expedia has a full non-refundable policy. I don't think it would be possible.

I will contact them tomorrow directly to see if they will change the dates.

Mike

I would think that in light of the flooding there they should be very understanding. Stand your ground with them, they have more to lose from bad publicity than they have to gain from your reservation. Hope this works out well for you.

Bryan

I contacted Expedia and explained that due to the natural disaster, our event was rescheduled. They contacted the hotel and was able to change my reservation. They even gave me a $9 refund from the difference. Needless to say, I was quite pleased !

Mike

Was just doing my BG plans on map quest and did'nt know it was cancelled. Until I saw this link: Dragstrip

Came to the board and see this post. Will have to plan for Oct. I guess..

How many do you reckon will make the journey to BG, just to find out the event has been canceled? I noticed what looked to be a '68 GS rolling down Scottsville Road today.

How many do you reckon will make the journey to BG, just to find out the event has been canceled? I noticed what looked to be a '68 GS rolling down Scottsville Road today.

One is too many...it will only hurt the participation for next year ....I hope you were not flooded out at your place....best regards

I have never been to kentuky this was going to be my first time i got 4 tikets through delta they want 150 per ticket to change them.

my friend helped me get airline,hotel and car rental.

got a full refund from the hotel only.
no refund on the car rental beacuse he bidded on them eather way im out 1000 bucks no fun.

I have never been to kentuky this was going to be my first time i got 4 tikets through delta they want 150 per ticket to change them.

my friend helped me get airline,hotel and car rental.

got a full refund from the hotel only.
no refund on the car rental beacuse he bidded on them eather way im out 1000 bucks no fun.

I am sorry to hear that Rafael.

Did you call Delta and talk to a supervisor? I would suggest to do that and be persistant that they realize this was due to a natural disaster and not because your aunt and uncle are visiting or something like that. Ask to reschedule to the October time.

I hope all goes well for you to make your way out in October. This will be my 3rd year going and I had not brought a car before. I am sure you will have a blast. Don't be shy and talk to everyone out there.

Keep up informed.

Mike

Drag Racing cancelled until May 16

WOW, after May 16th, Beech Bend Drag Racing will be open... what do u think of ths size of the wet box... 1/4 mile long....

Not sure I would want my 8 sec or 9 sec TR pushed to redline on this track the week after cleanup... just read it online at the track web site...

Hey Otto, BG isn't CANCELLED - IT IS RESCHEDULED....
lololololol