speedway and g body parts control arm users, please help

I'm confused, I thought you said you had two cars with the speedway tubular uppers on? Are they installed with stock lowers?
They are.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

My thinking (remember i don't have a clue)
Stock uppers
in a lowered car the top control arm pushes the top BJ out (away from the frame) and hurts the angle of the top BJ
Speedway's
In a lowered car the speedway's DO NOT push out the top BJ as much and fixes the angle on the top BJ
if my above thinking is off PLEASE educate me.
In my case i am also using the taller lower BJ to bring up the spindles and put the upper control arm level with the ground, which would put it at or close to a 90* angle with the upper BJ allowing the BJ maximum movement space.
My reason for these crazy thoughts is take a stock Upper control arm and hold it level with the ground and look at the angle that the BJ base is on. Then take a BJ and hold it straight down.

Charlie, with the 8.5" speedway uppers, I know I need 1/2" taller ball joints. Is there any difference in geometry adding the 1/2" to the top vs the bottom? Ride height is stock. Hoping to do body bushings all around too.

Charlie, with the 8.5" speedway uppers, I know I need 1/2" taller ball joints. Is there any difference in geometry adding the 1/2" to the top vs the bottom? Ride height is stock. Hoping to do body bushings all around too.
Adding it to the bottom also lowers the car.

David's right. It will lower the car by about 1/2". If you don't have new springs in the front it would be a good time to add them and then you will be a little more level with the back.

David's right. It will lower the car by about 1/2". If you don't have new springs in the front it would be a good time to add them and then you will be a little more level with the back.

Car sits pretty level now. I don't really want to lower the front. Is there a problem with the front springs? I like the ride with the Bilstein's.

It def needs the uppers, my bushings are shot. I'll add the 1/2" to the upper ball joint. New body cushions too when I get the fillers done next year.

If the upper bushings are shot that means that they're quite old by now. Check the ride height because I'd bet the springs are shot as well. If that's the case any rubber in the suspension should be looked at to see if there's any cracking. If there is then it's time to change all the bushings and have the car aligned properly.;)

I'm a little concerned after reading through this thread, I plan on putting on my set of Gbodyparts UCA's tonight. I have to fix some other problems in the front end so I was planning on going ahead and putting them on tonight. Should I reconsider?

Only one person in this thread had an issue. So the choice is yours unless you want to spend mega bucks on the other options. Have them on my cars no issues. I live in the sticks and plenty of bumpy roads out here. No problem.

Only one person in this thread had an issue. So the choice is yours unless you want to spend mega bucks on the other options. Have them on my cars no issues. I live in the sticks and plenty of bumpy roads out here. No problem.

I'm gonna try them. Hopefully they'll work well for me.
I'll have to remember to chime back in after I've driven with them for a while.

Remember every car is different and so are everyone's personal preferences.

My thinking (remember i don't have a clue)
Stock uppers
in a lowered car the top control arm pushes the top BJ out (away from the frame) and hurts the angle of the top BJ
Speedway's
In a lowered car the speedway's DO NOT push out the top BJ as much and fixes the angle on the top BJ
if my above thinking is off PLEASE educate me.
In my case i am also using the taller lower BJ to bring up the spindles and put the upper control arm level with the ground, which would put it at or close to a 90* angle with the upper BJ allowing the BJ maximum movement space.
My reason for these crazy thoughts is take a stock Upper control arm and hold it level with the ground and look at the angle that the BJ base is on. Then take a BJ and hold it straight down.

I guess I am correct in my thinking

I'm a little concerned after reading through this thread, I plan on putting on my set of Gbodyparts UCA's tonight. I have to fix some other problems in the front end so I was planning on going ahead and putting them on tonight. Should I reconsider?

I'd go ahead & install them!
I've also got the GBody tubular upper control arms with 1/2" taller upper ball joints. No issues here & am very happy with the ride & handling. Of course at the same time I installed a set of UMI tubular lower control arms with Delrin Bushings (stock height lower ball joints).
Car does sit about 1/2" lower in the front end now, but it's probably due to the shape of the tubular control arms vs the factory stamped ones. No big deal for me.

dave

I have one car all stock with tubulars and the other s10 spindles one inch taller lbjs greaseable lca bushings rides awesome.