Spark Plugs?

TARZAN

Half ass, on kill
Does anybody have a chart with the plug options for Turbo Buicks? One step colder, two step, protruded vs. non, brands, etc....Anybody?

Thanks,

-Will

Most guys run 1 step colder up to 20 lbs. of boost, over 20 lbs. of boost you can run 2 steps colder.

I like AC Delco R43TS, Autolite 24's or what I'm using right now, NGK UR5's, it's your choice.

I currently run autolite 23's, but if I can get the information together I'll build a spreadsheet by heat range, manufacturer, etc...

I was also trying to find out what is 3 steps colder. I know 23's are two.

-Will

Well does anybody know the limits of a 2 step colder plug? Theres gotta be somebody out there with all the knowledge on TB Plug options

-Will

Could somebody point me to a place online that could offer more information?

Thanks,

-Will

Go to Kirbans website catalog and look up those E-3 plugs. Dont have to be gapped or set and i love them. My car idles and runs better than ever.(also bought new set of his wires.) My GN has very good street manners, and made 509hp at the wheel. good all around plug. They cost a little more, but should last longer. My $.02.

A general guideline posted by Ken Mosher in the spring cleaning guide:

Cars running 12.99-13.50 seconds or faster should use R43TS or CR43TS plugs (one heat range colder) and 12.00 and faster cars should use AC R42TS or CR42TS. The CR designated plugs have a heavier electrode (the "C" stands for "Commercial"), but are otherwise the same as the R42TS plugs. Autolite 24 plugs are also a good choice.

Does anybody know what 3 steps colder than stock would be in any brand?

Thanks,

-Will

I asked about 3 steps colder for a reason. I already run 2 steps because 1 is not enough. I get the new engine out of the machine shop this month.

-Will

Between boost and nitrous I do get KR with 24's that I do not get with 23's. The new engine has a bit more compression and its gonna have even more shoved down it's throat. That's why I'm asking

-Will

I realize nitrous is the devil, but does anybody know what 3 step colder plug is?

-Will