something weird going on...

kraus

Well fired up car today and took it for a ride.Everything was going smooth car running great let it get up to temp etc.Took down a back road to get my new gnx style dash all program for speedo etc.All good so i compare scanmaster reading to speedo within 1 mph.Go to accelerate and get a pop out of exhaust,then another pop so i slow down to like 10mph car shuts off. I am like wtf,pull over and stop.Get out check few things everything is conacted .Crank it over crank craNK crank no start.Key it up pump is running,so i pop hood .Have daughter crank it over with plug boot removed NO SPARK. So i call a buddy come get me with the trailer,get it home.Push off the trailer try it and it fires no problem...so my question is, where to start.Cuz i don';t want to drive it again and be in middle of nowhere again...

Scanmaster readings:confused:Coil,module,maf,crank sensor.Need more info on the car and combo:biggrin:

Kevin

i have a 4inch intake and a 85mm maf with translator,everything is in my sig below,that is in it now.

coil ,module,crank sensor cam sensor all your normal buick.Car ran fine till i went to get on it then just shut off and would not refire.But then after a ten minute trailer ride home fired right up.

Just leave it on the trailer and it'll always work fine.;)

Sounds like either a loose cam sensor "cup" or a crank sensor going away. Pull the cam sensor cap and try twisting the cup. If the screw is loose it'll turn, and usually break the little locator tab off. RJC makes a repair washer for this. The crank sensor may be a little loose and has contacted the interuptor ring on the balancer hurting it.

If those two parts are OK, then look at the ignition module. (well, don't just look at it, try another known good one. Just looking at it will usually do nothing. Not unless you have a rather menacing stare that scares it into submission. I never seem to have any luck with that, though.):biggrin:

Check your positive battery cable and make sure its not grounding out somewhere like the starter heat shield.

already have the rjc cam deal installed that a week after bought car.Had that spin and go pop pop a week after bought the car.Double checked it tho all is tight.

Jay c checked the cable nothing iss touching.

I am going to try my back up coil and module and see,what happens.

well put on spare module and coil ran great for a lil bit ,then pop fart bang poop no run.So swapped out the cam sensor with another and bingo runs great. Now the valvebody in trans is acting up...my day just gets better..