So who was at Island's big end-o-summer Friday night?

turbojimmy

Supporting Member
I saw at least 4 other GNs there, and at least 3 other T-types (not including my brother's '87). My car ran crappy, but I didn't really try very hard to make it run decent. I just put race fuel in it and ran it in 'street' tune. Ran a 12.3 @110, then I switched to a race chip and it ran 12.3 @ 110 again. Hmmmm. Turned up the boost and it ran a 12.7 @ 112. I really have no idea how much boost I'm running (didn't even think to look - just watched the knock gauge) but it's not knocking so I can only assume I'm not running enough to run the 115 MPH I was running in the spring. It's a little frustrating. Plus the torque converter is not locking - it just slips when I flip the switch.

But enough about me.

The quickest TR cars there were 2 blue T-Types. Ironically, they didn't come to the track together but they were almost identical cars. One was running 117-118 MPH (he came with one of the other GNs) and the other was running 125-126 MPH. Both looked showroom stock -it was very impressive. I didn't get to talk to any other TR owners because I was distracted by my 4-year-old son who I left with my dad. I had to keep running back and checking on him.

My brother's car ran a best ET of 13.1. He'll be in the 12s soon but he needs to get his MPH up a bit. He should be running faster than 103 MPH.

Anyhow, anyone on the board there? I didn't know it was this big event - I went hoping to get some testing and tuning in. But the limited everyone to 3 runs. It was fun anyway.

Jim