Simple TH400 question. I think...?

Darkside

I have a TH400 in my pickup and have noticed that there is a hookup outside tranny similar to the 2004R and 700r4, except that it has one prong, is this the detent port? Would it make the tranny act like it has a 2-3rd gear flare up? It reminds of the the TH350 when vacuum modulator is disconnected. Where would i connect this port to? TIA

That is the detent downshift solenoid connector. It causes forced, WOT downshifts when activated. It's normally hooked up to a normally-open switch on the accelerator pedal.

Either from your local dealer or from your local salvage yard. It attaches to the bracket that holds the accelerator pedal with two sheetmetal screws. You'll need to wire one side to the fuse box terminal that is marked "IGN". Connect a wire to the other side on one end and the terminal on the side of the case on the other. The switch has a ratchet in it. Once you mount it, push the stem that rides on the pedal lever all the way to the top against the lever, and then press the pedal all the way to the floor. That should be all the adjusting it needs.

Is this switch like the the switch for the switch pitch convertors that were popular in the 60's?

FORGET THE GAS PEDAL HOOKUP AND CONTACT JEGGS OR SUMMIT FOR AN EASY TO INSTALL SWITH THAT IS CONNECTED TO A STANDARD KICKDOWN OR TV CABLE BRACKET THAT MOUNTS TO THE THROTTLE BODY OR CARB.IT IS A B AND M PART NUMBER.