shocks for a dailly driver

mike86ttype

LOW ALKY!!! AGAIN?
i c alot of review on shocks saying how good the handling is but i would rather have a smoother ride then handle good so what are some good shock so i can go over some railroad tracks without felling like i hit a wall.

Stock NOS I would guess. I had Bilsteins in the previous TR, loved it. When I upgrade this set, I'll upgrade to the adjustables, then run 'em soft.
GL man.

I think Bilsteins are the way to go. Right now im running 7 year old Checker Specials.

Many recommend Bilsteins. Pretty expensive. I have KYBs now, but messed up the two fronts while changing control arms. Replaced fronts with $15 cheapies. I feel no difference. Maybe I won't be able to win the big meet at Sebring ... who knows. jmo :biggrin:

i agree they are expensive but they are worth it to me. Also some might not be able to tell a difference some will tell a huge difference. It depends alot on the car as well.

I have a set of tokico blues waiting to go on. Had them on a 1980 trans am some time ago and they were very good.

I had the Sensa-tracs on the front of my car and switched to Bilsteins. Night and day difference in feel. The car was sloppy a wallowy and downright scary at highway speeds. The bilsteins firmed up the ride without being harsh. I'm very happy with them.

I have Qa1's that adjust from very soft to very stiff with the twist of a nob and work great . I think they can be rebuilt as well.

my car has Rancho shocks on it. they've been on there since at least '93, when the previous owner parked the car with a blown head gasket..
they are a little on the stiff side- but not rough. it rides about like any late model car, but feels really solid going around corners.
i don't even know if Rancho still makes shocks for cars any more.