shifting manually starting in 1st and going up!!

jojo

Ill Take A Moosehead Now!
Just curious if the Extender chip, or the one i have which is the one right before the latest they came out with, has a rev limiter built in to it to cut out the motor at a certain RPM. I noticed something today for the first time while blasting (or trying to blast through 1st gear) the motor cut out when i opened her up, trying to look at my tack gauge, but the 1st gear shift revs really!!!! fast and couldnt see what my monster tach reading was when the shift lite was set at 5300rpms, before slamming into 2nd. But the motor cut out before i had the chance to actually get it into second. I thought real quick that maybe my gears popped out of place by themselves when this first happened, but it seems like more of a motor cut out than anything. I drove it around a bit and played around some more just to make sure it wasnt my tranny acting funny. All gears popped into place fine when i just put her into drive and starting going. I usually start off in second to get more RPMs out of here because i noticed shell shift at right around 5000rpms if i let her do it herself, but i like to manually bring her up to around 5200-5300rpms myself, (seems to get more pull to me dunno though):rolleyes: please let me know what you guy think of this and if some of these chips do have rev limiters and motor cut out at a certain rpm. I am running the the Extender chip from ramcharges, but never looked into this that deep to even ask if it has a limiter burned into it, but im sure it does, just double checking with you guy.

thanks

jojo

The part number on your Extender chip will tell what the rev limiter is set to. What's your part number?

Joe, Is this the chip that you've had all along or did you finally get the new one you were waiting on?? Reason I ask is, if it's the same chip that you've been running, then you should be able to answer your question. Is it doing something different that it used to do? I don't know anything about the extenders but I doubt you could change the rev limiter. So, if it never started breaking up at 5300 rpm before it shouldn't now unless you have a problem.
So what did it run chump..... thanks for the callback. :)

Originally posted by TurboDave
The part number on your Extender chip will tell what the rev limiter is set to. What's your part number?

k part number Dave is.....BWJ44A1E or IE not sure but one of those..

thanks

jojo

Originally posted by Scott Atk
Joe, Is this the chip that you've had all along or did you finally get the new one you were waiting on?? Reason I ask is, if it's the same chip that you've been running, then you should be able to answer your question. Is it doing something different that it used to do? I don't know anything about the extenders but I doubt you could change the rev limiter. So, if it never started breaking up at 5300 rpm before it shouldn't now unless you have a problem.
So what did it run chump..... thanks for the callback. :)

Sorry buddy about the call back thing. I had one run again.

Same problem as before, even with the Drag Radials.

I cannot stop spinning 30ft down the track best of 13.0 at almost 106mph

My car is making mad torue Im telling ya dude!!!! if that power sticks i will guanatee 11s easy!!! its freaking crazy how much power my car is making right now. The funny thing is i cant be beat on the street (right now anyway with everything i raced) lol. From modded vettes to Cobras TAs you name it i havent lost yet. But the weird thing is it feels like my DR hook better on the street than the track:rolleyes: dunno though.

And the manual shift thing is kinda new in first grear. I usually always start in second and bring the Rs up to about 5300 before i slam it into third:eek: scary torque this way. But i just starting playing around a lil and testing, starting in first. Its seems this is the only time it happens is in first gear, because at 23#s of boost while in first gear, when i mash the pedal down my tach needle is almost a 6krpms before the motor cuts out, so i have to assume its a rev limit.

thoughts?

later