Shake down passes with new short block!

Blevins

Well here is the setup guys. 1987 T 3650lb race weight. I have a .020 109 block from Nick Micale, custom grind hydraulic camshaft from Nick and Zimmerman, stock ported heads with pac 1201 springs and stock ported intake, 9441 composite head gaskets "as a fuse" held down tight with some milodon studs, RJC FMIC, stock headers, 3 inch down pipe with internal gate, 3 inch exhaust, 120lb injectors with twin 255 intank pumps, 9.5N/L PTC converter, stock fuel lines yes i said STOCK FUEL LINES lol, 6766 PTE turbo charger. Car is running on E85 of course. Tuning is done by myself on the new SD2 chip from Bailey and Eric.

The track prep was pretty much non existent so i had to baby the car out of the gate to a pitiful 1.56 60ft Car will usually 60 ft in the 1.40s with ease... When i left the boost came on hard about 30ft out and then twists the car up and lifts the left front tire up a few inches past the 60ft mark then sets it down and gets the car a little out of shape but nothing to speak of... but it is visible and u can feel it and have to correct for it haha. The harder this car 60fts the higher the MPH goes and lower ET of course. For example the pass before i 60ft a 1.61 and it went 6.55@ 108.5mph Pulled back up with ZERO changes and went 6.40 @109.72mph on a 1,56 60ft. Thinking if i can get it to hook on a solid 1.40 its got some very low 6s at around 111-112mph in it as it sets with no changes to tuning, boost etc.

This car has been a nightmare this year dealing with trannys and a mistake made "not by myself... wish it was my fault but oh well" that cost me the stock short block i was running 6.60s with... but after getting with some good people i was able to finally get it together and running solid. So Thanks Nick for all u have helped me with i really appreciate your knowledge of these cars and your willingness to always help and Zimmerman as well of course. And id like to thank Brad Lay for great deals on parts and Jason Dowell for FINALLY getting me a 2004R that is living! Also got a few of my friends that have helped me along the way and u all know who u are! If i knew ur darn screen name on this forum id mention ya lol.

Congrats! That is flying in the 1/8th!
I only got out once with the E85 and ran 7.1 @95.3 on 18psi. But seeing this vid makes me want to go out one more time this season with a little more boost.

........This car has been a nightmare this year dealing with trannys and a mistake made "not by myself... wish it was my fault but oh well" that cost me the stock short block i was running 6.60s with... but after getting with some good people i was able to finally get it together and running solid. So Thanks Nick for all u have helped me with I really appreciate your knowledge of these cars and your willingness to always help and Zimmerman as well of course. ..........]

Adam, it has been a real pleasure working with you and Brian, and your expertise in help us with tuning on our e-85 cars has been invaluable! :)

The performance of your car is awesome, and I am sure there is more in it, and you will find it.

Your help in converting my race car to e-85 from 116 octane is greatly appreciated. It performs just as well with the conversion, and we expect it to perform even better on e-85 as we continue to tune and up the boost.

We look forward to working with you utilizing the SD2 chip and PL on a few GN's, and a TTA, we are currently converting to e-85.

Good luck in BG, and hope you kick some ass! :D

Awesome times and great vid. I love seeing 67 trim street cars lay it down! How much boost if you don't mind saying? 28-30#?