series I ignition VS series II? Who's using?

gnray76

going fast with class
I've heard some hoora about the series II ignition swap, whats the diff? and is there any advantage's? I know there cheaper in price all together, and they plug right in w/ no modification, just a bracket swap....
are they more reliable? spark? or a hell ya upgrade from 80's ign. to the new century of todays...

if a coil goes bad, you only need to replace one.. junkyards are full of donors if you are a broke cheapskate like me.. MSD makes upgrade coils for it.. it looks cooler..

I love my series II, Wouldnt change back for the world. Much cheaper and more available, never had a single problem out of mine for over a year that I've had them.

I'm running a Series/Type II Coil and Module and works great on my car. I have the Casper's ignition module hotwire as well.

Dumb question to you all, but knowledge for me. I just found out the car I have has a Type II ignition module and coils. Why would you change from stock, what was someone accomplishing? It is a decently modified car that I'm learning about. thanks