Sent a 5th gen's arse packing

theCATman

Is that a Monte Carlo?
My wife, kids, & I were at a friends house the celebrate the 4th for some BBQ, beer, & BS. He just bought a C5 'Vette, and told me to bring the GN because he hasn't ridden in it yet. So after we ate, and before I had any malted beverages, we took a cruise.

I don't know the city he lives in too well, so I told him to guide me. Well, low & behold he takes me to the "cruise strip". I wasn't looking for any action, just taking him for a ride. Well, action found me.

I noticed a maroon 5th gen Camaro weaving thru some traffic to get up to us. Well, we hit a red light. This part of town is full of stop lights about 1/4 mile apart (perfect right?) He pulls up & I won't even look at him. He revs at me a little (loud exhaust) my buddy says "I think he wants a piece". I just ignore him, but tell my buddy if he goes, we go. Light turns, he takes off moderately & I pace him, then I hear him go WOT. So, I mash it, he makes it to just past my front bumper before the TA49 & booze shooter do their thing. We slingshot by them and put about 3 lengths on him before I back off. We happen to hit the next light, and he pulls up smiling & shaking his head. His wife or GF says to me "V6 right??" I say "yeah". She looks at him & yells "I TOLD YOU!!, I TOLD YOU!! IT'S A V6!!, YOU JUST GOT BEAT BY A V6!!" :D

I now noticed that there was another couple in the back seat, but 300 extra lbs doesn't excuse him from the ass-whoopin' I put on him.:woot:

He asked for another go, but I declined, said bye & have a good night. He said you guys too & took off.

I'm not sure who schooled him more. You, or his old lady.:D

Nice kill.