Seat Belt Light

aquickv6

My "Fasten Seat Belt" light on the dash comes on intermittently while driving. Glows dim then brighter, then off for a while then back on etc.

Anyone else have experience with this problem? Thanks

Yup, I had the same problem, your chime box is going bad, I disconnected it and no more annoying chime and the seat belt dash light is no longer lit.

You mean there's a light and a chime for that?Well there's one for the "Don't worry 'bout that for now" file...:)

It is located to the left of the radio, by the defroster switch, you will have to look up in there and pull it out to disconnect it. It is a black plastic box about the size of a pack of cigarettes.

It is located to the left of the radio, by the defroster switch, you will have to look up in there and pull it out to disconnect it. It is a black plastic box about the size of a pack of cigarettes.

Its a tad bit bigger than a pack of smokes...

What if the light flickers on and off but there is no audible sound? I drove someones car the other day and that damn light on the left was flickering on and off. The more bumps i hit the more it flickered, maybe a short or something.

My dads WE4 the light doesnt flicker, but with no matter what box i put in the car, it never dings with the lights on.. Wait, i thought the chime box was for the headlights on, is it for the seatbelt too? All of my cars the chime box only goes off when the keys are left in the ignition, or the headlights are left on and the key was removed....

Nothing to do with the seatbelt..... Wouldnt suprise me if you unplugged it and the light went out with the wiring in these cars :)
BW

Mine was doing the same thing....flashing and no audible sound. I just pulled the bulb from the dash. It's just a marker light.