SE Turbo Hood Liner

I emailed him on Friday after seeing this thread, he replied very quickly and I ordered a hoodliner for my GN which will include the original graphic, not sure where the info on him not doing them and not using the Buick graphic came from.

Please post a pic when you get it. I'd love to get a good look at it and see how long it takes to ship.

I emailed him on Friday after seeing this thread, he replied very quickly and I ordered a hoodliner for my GN which will include the original graphic, not sure where the info on him not doing them and not using the Buick graphic came from.

Hey. I’m glad you were able to order one. I got the info from his site. He stated he was done making them. He must have restarted.

D

Maybe it's a ruse
Like a high school chemistry teacher who contracts lung cancer , but then gets better, and goes on to build a business empire.
Like that.

Maybe it's a ruse
Like a high school chemistry teacher who contracts lung cancer , but then gets better, and goes on to build a business empire.
Like that.

I doubt it...

I get the no loaning stuff out. I still loan my stuff out...we all start out low with nothing so I usually just make sure I get my tools back within a month lol.

I was going to keep clams name out of here. Maybe he'll chime in. Are you from the area too?

The only take away I get from looking at their website with the chrome stuff is:
Thanks - I now have a baseline price on chroming my brackets and stuff.
Since just about every piece requires a core - and shipping.

There is no shortage of chroming places still where I can either ship or drop off my pieces to be chromed.
Since I have plenty of spares (brackets/ cores), and it's not as if I need to do a swap.
It's not as if they offer exclusive items that are chromed.
I did not see any unique items that are chromed, that I can't get from any of our other vendors.

So...all that mans is ..if you have your brackets you want chromed....accumulate some of the extras - and just shop around for a chromer below that price and you're ahead.
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Boy are wrong. Sounds to me like you think you know what your talking about...but sorry you do not. Find a vendor here that offers a chromed intake manifold, or any of the brackets.
I'm also glad you think there are quality chrome shops all over. In my 25+ years of building cars...I highly doubt there are many guys who have more sources to get items done then I have. I have a shop that just does nuts, bolts and washers. I've got one for just bumpers, and one for just plastic and alum. If SE Turbos brackets were dipped by a quality shop and not some hack job shop...his prices were really good.
I really love listening to guys rattle on about how easy this is or easy that is...
It's all just a waste of server space until you prove it.

I agree with coach.

Couple years back I looked for a chrome shop in my area, found a shop and they wanted 450.00 to chrome my turbo shield I was not familiar with what prices should be, but it seem like alot to me, so I just walked away.

Boy are wrong. Sounds to me like you think you know what your talking about...but sorry you do not. Find a vendor here that offers a chromed intake manifold, or any of the brackets.
I'm also glad you think there are quality chrome shops all over. In my 25+ years of building cars...I highly doubt there are many guys who have more sources to get items done then I have. I have a shop that just does nuts, bolts and washers. I've got one for just bumpers, and one for just plastic and alum. If SE Turbos brackets were dipped by a quality shop and not some hack job shop...his prices were really good.
I really love listening to guys rattle on about how easy this is or easy that is...
It's all just a waste of server space until you prove it.

OK.
I notice you always like to point out how many cars you have, how fast they go, how many years you've been hot rodding, how much weight you used to be able to lift.
But I was the one "rattling on".
And I was "wrong"?
As if there was a right or wrong in what I wrote.
It was called an "opinion"

Hey - all I was doing was offering some feedback to what other members had inquired.
Notice I didn't sully SET's reputation.
I offered a watered down version of what I heard.

I also did not know there was a word limit of this forum for replies - but dully noted. Sorry for "rattling on"
I'll make future replies concise and to the point.

Without going back and reading all the previous posts, I thought you had mentioned YOU were hesitant to do business with them based on all the hear-say and negative feedback.
I was only offering some additional info.
Want to buy their chrome intake manifold - have at it.
I have no dog in that fight.
I have an intake manifold.
Actually - a couple.

All I was saying regarding chroming - is - the prices are obvious since they require a core.
I didn't opine if they were a good chromer , a bad chromer - or a no chromer.
Maybe they're (they use) the world's best chrome shop - but if you get jerked around - it won't be too useful.
Trust me - I'm in Atlanta - and I know what chromer they use. They don't chrome anything out there in Dallas, GA.
It is just as easy for me to take my pieces there.

But perhaps some places there aren't good chrome shops.
And yeah - I know there are guys who will shoot you a price of $10,000 to chrome your dipstick.
So?
I'm not here to argue about whether there are good chromers or bad chromers.
I think that speaks for itself.

Sorry- I've used up my word limit - "rattling on"

I doubt it...

I get the no loaning stuff out. I still loan my stuff out...we all start out low with nothing so I usually just make sure I get my tools back within a month lol.

I was going to keep clams name out of here. Maybe he'll chime in. Are you from the area too?

Lawrenceville.
Clam and me are friends.
Well - I think so at least.
I buy all his cast off body pieces lately. :D

You stated things in your post that are not true. If you knew what current pricing was like in the chrome plating industry...you'd know you were way off.
There are not nearly as many shops doing chrome work as there once was due to the EPA legislation.
There are no vendors offering chromed items or exchange.
If your going to "rattle on"...at least post up facts and not fiction...unless its science fiction...I'm a fan of that.
My original post was a fact that I have left 6 messages begging SE to return my call and its never happened.
As for my other cars, hot rodding experience, and physical talents...thanks for being a fan!!!

I agree with coach.

Couple years back I looked for a chrome shop in my area, found a shop and they wanted 450.00 to chrome my turbo shield I was not familiar with what prices should be, but it seem like alot to me, so I just walked away.

Good move.
Considering you can buy one for less than $200
But initially, we al make those kind of goofy mistakes, overpaying for parts or whatever, only to find later that you coulda bought in or traded it for a quarter of that.
It's a learning experience.
That's sort of why I stick with the TR Buicks.
I know every part (or sorta) and can fro memory recite what I think I out to be paying for this or that.
I bought an AMC Marlin and I'm like a newborn baby - not knowing crap and overpaying all the time.
Wanna see my bin of parts I overpaid for? :D

You stated things in your post that are not true. If you knew what current pricing was like in the chrome plating industry...you'd know you were way off.
There are not nearly as many shops doing chrome work as there once was due to the EPA legislation.
There are no vendors offering chromed items or exchange.
If your going to "rattle on"...at least post up facts and not fiction...unless its science fiction...I'm a fan of that.
My original post was a fact that I have left 6 messages begging SE to return my call and its never happened.
As for my other cars, hot rodding experience, and physical talents...thanks for being a fan!!!

Again Coach

A - I don't care to monitor the price of Brazilian walnuts, soybean futures, nor the price of chrome.
B - Engage is a pi$$ing contest with you about who knows more about chroming - or the EPA.
C - Could care less if you buy their chrome stuff or not.
I only offered what I saw and heard.
Have at it - buy all their brackets for all I care.

And so far - I'm not.
In Texas, where I'm from, - we don't talk about what we do - we just do it. If we talk about it - it's seen as bragging

But trust me - as a Texan - I wouldn't "beg" someone that I wanted to do business with to call me back . Not in this lifetime or universe.
I don't drive a Buick Grand National to go around "begging" people for anything.
It's a man's - man's car.
Oft times I see the reference to the fortunate "547"
I see it as the fortunate couple thousand.

I'd run with a lime green manifold before I "begged" anyone for help on my cars.
Luckily for me - I don't have to "beg"

That said - let's drop the drama and be buds.
We're all in this together - and I like and respect your work,

Hahaha...ok Texan.
You keep editing your post to add "begging" insults.

Chroming around here in New England is sketchy. One shop that goes around to big shows and swap meets is known for overly expensive charges and loosing parts. They have changed their name many times and last year were foreclosed on for back taxes owned (over a million dollars) and EPA fines. They have reopened in a town near the one they owed the money to and started up again. I think powder coating is taking over for chroming engine parts.

Chroming around here in New England is sketchy. One shop that goes around to big shows and swap meets is known for overly expensive charges and loosing parts. They have changed their name many times and last year were foreclosed on for back taxes owned (over a million dollars) and EPA fines. They have reopened in a town near the one they owed the money to and started up again. I think powder coating is taking over for chroming engine parts.

The Govt has crippled the Chrome Plating Industry over the last 10 years. It's worse then the restrictions on Automotive Paint manufactures. The disposing of the chemicals is the reason you need to find shops that specialize in certain part types or have certain size tanks. They are priced to do that work most cost effectively. To ask a bumper shop to chrome nuts and bolts...you see my point.

The process is nasty. Some pretty bad chemicals. This particular shop is questionable though. Others might be more on the up and up.

To get this back on track, I've used SE Turbo many times with perfect results (for chrome and other crap). I wouldn't hesitate to call them again for a hoodliner

(EDIT) Although I do want to add that I dealt with them many times a few years ago and not recently. Take from that what you will