Scared a Viper off

dthrock

At least thats what Im calling it :)

Went to the track Friday night (new best time of 12.34 @110) and there was a sweet looking viper in line in the opposite lane for test and tune. There were 2 bikes in the lane opposite me with the viper right behind them. Well I wanted a piece of that viper so I motioned the bikes in front of me so they could run each other (figured thats what they wanted anyway since they were sitting side by side).

I was psyced, I might not beat him but I was gonna give it a go. So the lane manager waves us up to the burnout box. I pull in and wait, and wait, finally someone pulls around the viper and into the burnout box. I was disappointed. I did my run and came back and he ran after I left. Guess he didnt want any GN action. I think he ran a 12.7x so he probably saved some face for later :)

But who knows what really happened, maybe he was waiting for his car to cool off/warm up, waiting to race someone else, who knows. I would have beat him anyway. :cool:

Dave

That's funny. :D

I'm sure he backed out due to the fact that he did not want the displeasure of getting his high dollar 10 banger beat by an old V6 family car.

I have personally had 2 Vipers puss out on the street. One was a RT-10 and another was a GTS. The guy in the GTS pissed me off because I was caught at a light with him in my 300ZX and he just had to show off. :mad: Like I was even remotely any competition. The next week I caught a light with him in the GN and he wouldn't even look at me. He left the intersection slowly and made sure to stay way behind me. :rolleyes:

Speaking of guys getting scared off; How do you explain a guy in a C3(?) Vette playing it safe when he's squaring off with a pick-up? Yup - I was in my '02 2500 HD 4x4 Silverado with 6.0 L V8, waiting at a traffic signal. The car to my right turned right and the Vette crept up. I could see him in the sideview mirror but he hung back by my rear bumper. The right lane peetered out up ahead so I knew what he was up to but I couldn't belive a guy in a Vette thought he needed to get the jump on a pick-up that weighed twice as much as his car! I calmly put the 4L80E tranny in "tow/haul" mode and got ready. It was a crowded intersection plus I knew I had no chance but I wanted to see what would happen. Not surprisingly, he got the jump on me but there was only a half car length between us for a second or two. I think that freaked him out though because when we hit top gear, he downshifted and disappeared up ahead - on a 35 mph street! (I backed off after one block) Never saw him again. Why run away like that? From a pick-up no less! I can't wait to get my '84 T back on the road...