Scanmaster help

Sonic o2

Can't figure this car out. Car never runs the same twice . Stumbles when cold .Car has lt1 maf with translator and TT 5.7 chip.
Maf settings on on on off base 4 wot 4
Scanmaster
Bl 138
Tps key on motor off .42 and 4.5 wot
CC 255 wot
Iac 21
What other scanmaster numbers should I be looking at. With car running tps barley hits 4.0 volts
Any help would be appreciated

Any malfunction codes?
BL at 138 is a little high, check all vacuum hoses for any leaks.

what are the BL numbers idling warm, and cruising.

exactly which MAF do you have?

Bob

what injectors? high idle blm's are usually a sign of vacuum leaks (or the wrong PCV valve)

Bob

Stock injectors not sure on pvc valve going to hook up boost vacuum gauge to see what the vacuum reads

not sure you will see anything on a vacuum gauge, but listen around for hissing

Have the car running and warm and take all the reading and write them down and post them up so we can have a better look at the numbers

My car idles funny when cold and so did my last one I sold to my buddy! I just call it the Buick idle

I have the same set up, but i have 60lb injectors. I went from that "buick cold start" to nice easy running start. what is your fuel pressure.

Have the car running and warm and take all the reading and write them down and post them up so we can have a better look at the numbers

My car idles funny when cold and so did my last one I sold to my buddy! I just call it the Buick idle

O2 mil volts 539
Af 600
Lb 43
Bat 13.3
Int 128
Bl 140
Cle 201
Ats 117
R 750
Tps .44
Iac 15
Cc 181

It actually runs pretty smooth at idle it's the first couple of miles that it sputters

Why is the coolant at 201? Looks like it is adding fuel, vac leak?

Im with ssgn, shouldnt be that hot warm idle. Rpm a little low, around 850 i think is the norm. Perhaps its a coil pack or module problem with the sputtering. Maybe o2 sensor, the scan numbers aren't that bad so you may have to look elsewhere.

Why is the coolant at 201? Looks like it is adding fuel, vac leak?
I have been over it and can't find a vacuum leak. I'm not sure why coolant is 201 water pump and thermostat are brand new and coolant level is normal

Yes fan was running when I was checking numbers. Does adjusting the base and WOT on the maf have any effect on the BL

Since the fan is on then your temps are way to high, sorry cant help with the maf and bls, im like you i have alot more to learn about tuning.

Since the fan is on then your temps are way to high, sorry cant help with the maf and bls, im like you i have alot more to learn about tuning.
Yes this old stuff is kind of frustrating. I'm getting to the point of taking it to my tuner and letting him dyno tune it

Yes this old stuff is kind of frustrating. I'm getting to the point of taking it to my tuner and letting him dyno tune it
I hope he is Buick knowledgeable or you are probably wasting your time. I don't feel this is a dyno tune problem.

If your water pump, thermostat, and fans are functioning properly...it is more than likely your radiator is the issue. Half of my OEM radiator was plugged up.

Quick and easy way to make sure your radiator is fully functioning from top to bottom. After getting your car up to temp. Remove the top two nuts that hold the fan assembly to the core support. Push it away and towards the engine (don't need to remove it). With care, use your hand and feel from top to bottom along the radiator. Temperature should feel the same.

Mine was hot at the top half, but cold on the bottom half...indicating it was completely clogged with 30 years of stuff in the lower half. I was able to get a new unit from ALRADCO. Problem solved!

Last edited: