Scanmaster for XFI !!!!

TurboBob

Resident mad scientist
Staff member
Well, guys have been asking for this for years, I finally did it.

A quick video can be found here ->

It is almost done, we are about 2-3 weeks from having them ready.

To answer the first question that will come up (Can my GN Scanmaster be switched over...) the answer is no, the XFI version is based on the Scanmaster 3 hardware so there is no way to convert a Buick Scanmaster to work with the XFI.

The update rate is about 7 updates/sec for the key data (AFR , knock, etc....) and 3 updates/sec for the less important stuff.

The Scanmaster can display the trouble code if your check engine light comes on (no more digging out the laptop in a rush).

The Scanmaster captures the leanest spot in a run and the point of highest knock so they can be recalled (just like the Buick version)

The unit will work on all the XFi's, as well as the "classic FAST", SpeedPro/FelPro units.

The units will be available from all the regular vendors.

Thanks

Bob

That's cool...I do miss being able to check things out with a glance.

Another note, for those going to BG, the one pictured in the video will be at BG in Pattrick Broughton's car. So you can check it out there...

Bob

That is very impressive. I think that is a very nice tool to have in the car. Thank you Bob for always coming up with new items for the turbo regal world. Please let everyone know when they will be availible.

it plugs in where the serial/laptop cable goes. So it will work with all harnesses/adapters.

Bob

The "Mad Scientist" strikes again!!!

Send me one Bob when you have them available, I want to install it in my street car, and I know many of the local guys will want this with their XFI!

Once I have enough data on my tune with the internal data logger to verify my tune, this should provide me enough data to play around, and NOT need a laptop in the car. :)

Thanks for your continued development of neat and very useful products for our turbo cars. :D