ScanMaster 2.1 Install

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
I'll be installing my ScanMaster 2.1 tomorrow. Seems pretty staight forward, but wondering where the best ground location is for the ground hook up.

Thanks!

Tim,

Man I think i just crawled around under dash and found one, its grounded, im not sure if theres a preferred spot er what.

I have mine grounded to the screw/bracket that holds up the trim piece under the steering column.

I'll be installing my ScanMaster 2.1 tomorrow. Seems pretty staight forward, but wondering where the best ground location is for the ground hook up.

Thanks!

Bought mine used and the cables were already cut. Since the input wire and the ground wire were short, mine is grounded at the screw that holds the ALDL connector to the dash. Works fine.

Rich

If you buy a new Scanmaster, do you get the 2.1 now? or the old one. Do you have to specify which one? and is Full Throttle Speed the place to buy one?

Thanks

power source

is there a power wire on the ALDL that i can t-tap or do i really need to run a seperate fused wire for the scanmaster? And if i can which ALDL wire is the power wire?

I just did a custom fab on a 20g female speaker plug thingy , cut off half and used other to stick in the front of Aldi which is top left side, 2nd plug hole on top?..i think so without looking at it but i think thats the one

IM not sure how most are routing or if they are doing a hard wire to back of aldi, mines ugly but i have disconnects on other two wires and of course just pull the aldi connect out if need be