Scan Tools??

1kwick6

Which scan tool is what you think is the best ,directscan,turbolink,the new powerlogger,EGT's ,O2's, way to tune the car,have scanmaster right now but feel like i need to be looking at things and tuning better; or should two be used together, directscan + egt's ect.thanks for any help!!

I have SM and TL. I wish I had the power logger. My choice would be SM and PL.

Power Logger would be the best because of the added inputs plus the fast update rate then Direct Scan would be a close second.

Not sure I get it...no scantool now - wud I need the Powerlogger plus another tool like Scanmaster? Can I use PL alone with a laptop?

You would only need a Directscan or Powerlogger. They both are a stand alone system that allows you to store the data for future review. No real need for any other scan tool. The scanmaster is nice because it doesn't take up much room in your car and theives aren't eyeing your laptop.

I have used directscan for sometime now and really like it, but I just bought PL and will install that in the next few days.

I use both, SM, and DS. I also have EGTs, but have never hooked it up when racing. I would use DS and SM. On DS you wont be able to see knock, unless you're cracking your neck the whole time at it. Also, you cant watch o2's with the laptop unless you have your neck cracked at the screen.

With the SM you can watch the knock and o2's while down the track, but once back into the pits, look at the DS file.

I would get the power logger if i had to choose between DS and the PL.

-Adam