Sagging new Hotchkis springs

HOTSIX

Ran outta hand cleaner
Bought the Hotchkis springs new and installed them.
Tossed out the old ones - only to find that the new ones make the car sit way up in the front and sag in the rear.....WTF?

They are supposed to lower the car slightly from stock. These are way off.....

Thought maybe I reversed them (front to rear) but I checked the numbers and im okay that way. The springs are rotated around to seat prperly in the lower A arm.

My sway bar is removed currently and the rear anti roll bar as well. Would installing them make any difference ? Dont see how it could.......

Anyone else have this issue with Hotchkis ? Am I missing something ?

Around 6 months ago I installed Hotchkis springs and Bilstien shocks on all 4 corners.The car sits perfectly level.Check again to see if you installed your fronts correctly. Did you use any coil spring isolators? That might be why your high in the front.The factory doesn't use them in the front-don't remember for the rear.

When I removed the stockers - or I assume they were - they had rubber on the top of them. Not sure if thats what u are referring to as an isolator.

I took them out - tossed the orig springs - and used the rubber on the tops of the springs when I reinstalled the Hotchkis ones. Was this a dumb idea ?

There is none in the rear. Springs just pop into place back there.

If this is why my car is sitting high - I feel a 'lil dumb. Nothing came with the springs from Hotchkis except the springs. I figured I needed the rubber on top just like the ones that were in there......

No ?

I have an orig 11,000 mile car and there was no rubber isolator on mine. Thats probably whats giving you the extra height.Give Hotchkis a call and make sure you have right part# for your application.Even w/ the rubber installed on the front it shouldn't raise anymore than an inch.

Great thx....

Ill give them a shout....I was messing with the car today and found that if I put a 'lil weight on the fender - it easily brings the car down an inch and one half or so.

Maybe when I install the sway bar and links - it will bring the car down. Im also gonna remove the rubber insulator.

Thanks for the help.

All the G-bodies I've owned had the rubber isolators in them from the factory. They raise the car maybe 1/4 of an inch when they are compressed so I would say they probably sent you the wrong springs, is the flatter end at the top with the end of the bottom end sitting in the little perch?

Hotchkis springs

I also have Hotchkis springs on my car. It also sits lower in the rear. I don't like it one bit. It looks like I have 10 people in my trunk, well not that bad :) I walked into Hotchkis and bought them. They sold me a brand new set in the box. They were returned by a GN owner, Prob because of the way the car sat.

Does anyone know what the best springs for Street & Strip are?

Im sure I have 'em set up right - on the one side at least.

Flatter end up top and so forth....the bottom of the 'pigtail' is sitting right on the one side but not the other - I gotta fix that. Do any of you guys think my sway bar will help 'pull' the front end of the car down where its supposed to be ???

I might also get 'doughnuts' made to sit in the mount on the topside of the rear end so that I can use these springs. I have seen some guys use those b4. Kinda a band-aid solution but I got these from Summit in the USA and i'd hardly pay to ship 'um back there now so id like to use these ones....