Running E20/E30

MNcarbturbo

What's Fuel Injection?
Could go in the E85 section but thats more for the SFI cars so I thought Id ask here. In my search for 93 octane I found a local gas station has an E20 E30 E85 pump. I know E85 cant be run without working with jets but what about E20 or E30? E20 is like 92 octane and E30 is 95. Any work have to be done with the jets to make it run ritcher or is the lower E percentage Ok with the stock jets? Should I expect a small MPG drop? I was thinking running E30 before E20. E30 is like 20 cents less than 87 I think so thats good too. Any thoughts on this?

Could go in the E85 section but thats more for the SFI cars so I thought Id ask here. In my search for 93 octane I found a local gas station has an E20 E30 E85 pump. I know E85 cant be run without working with jets but what about E20 or E30? E20 is like 92 octane and E30 is 95. Any work have to be done with the jets to make it run ritcher or is the lower E percentage Ok with the stock jets? Should I expect a small MPG drop? I was thinking running E30 before E20. E30 is like 20 cents less than 87 I think so thats good too. Any thoughts on this?

If you're using the E4ME you can't change the primaries but you can change the hangers and needles for the back. You might try turning the stop out some on the primaries to increase the dwell time for them but it may cause other problems. If it's a non ECM controled carb you can change the jets and needles for the primaries but then you'll run into restriction issues in the passages. They're kind of restricted. You can take the plugs out and redrill them for more flow but I think you'll find it a real pain.

So this isnt just like a Holley where you change the jets in a minute. Dang. If I pull the carb off to change the hangers and needles is there any other things I need to do on the carb? It was aparently "rebuilt" be the previous owners father. What size needles and hangers should I go to?

It is like a Holley in several respects, you just need to know how to work on them. Get the book by Doug Roe on Rochester carbs first. It will explain how to do it and is a great reference to keep around. The hanger and needles can be changed without tearing the carb apart. One screw on the back 2 barrels and lift them out. There is a letter/number stamped on the hanger and needles that will tell you what size they are if you have the book. Then you can figure out whether or not to change them.