rough idle

RA6T7GTO

have a 87 gn all stock, when it is cold it runs real rough on idle and will stall,it seems to idle fine after it is warmed up.anybody got any good ideas :)

iac reset?

i've read a few things about this, had the same problem. perform the IAC reset procedure (do a search, you will find the links). IAC may be bad. Also, I gave my throttle plate adj screw 1/4 turn in which helped quite a bit. I read on another forum that 1/2-1 threads should be exposed on the back side of the throttle plate screw. Mine shows about 3/4 thread, runs okay, not perfect. No more stalls or surging though while warming up. Remember to reset the tps when done. hope that helps

You have a scanmaster? If so post the numbers I had a similar problem where my gn would stall a new maf sensor was the fix. Good luck with your diag.

You can try and tap your MAF sensor while it is running. If it stalls, then the MAF is bad. If it doesn't, well, that doesn't mean anything...

You have a scanmaster? If so post the numbers I had a similar problem where my gn would stall a new maf sensor was the fix. Good luck with your diag.

dont have a scanmaster, never heard of until a few days ago.are they hard to hookup, sounds like i might need to have one

Yea its a must have for any TR. They arent hard to hookup at all if you have any electrical experience it should be pretty straight foward. Tells you alot of needed info o2 sensor mv, knock retard, tps voltage, most of the important senor data youll needs to diag your car. If you cant install im sure some members in your area can help you with that.