Rookie to the GN World. Need some suggestions...?

Antbankstwo3

Thinking about buying an 1987 GN. It is a one owner. All stock. Everything is original. No engine mods. Like I said, All stock. Car Fax shows it's been well maintained over the years.

Anything I should look for or pay attention too when I check it out? If decide to buy it, are there any maintenance issues I should prepare myself for? Any info helps. Thanks!

Find someone that know these cars in your area to look at the car with or without you even if it costs you $50.00 for their time. T-Top area is the first thing I would look at as they tend to hold water and rust BAD !!! It is a buyers market right now, don't rush into buying the first car you see. These car will try your patience and your wallet more than any car I have ever owned. If you are buying a GN to go to car shows you will happy with it, if you are buying it for the speed factor you better have some money saved or prepare to let your car sit in the garage while you decide whether you are going to fix it or sell it. NOTHING is cheap for these cars. Not trying to scare you, just prepare you. Good luck.

Bryan

Thanks! I am jus looking for Cruiser. Not planning on doing much to engine. Mainly jus leave it stock & keep it maintained. I havnt looked at one physically, but I have done ton of research for awhile. I have narrowed it down to a couple & if my first choice is as good of shape as it looks in the pics I have, then I think I might want to get it. I jus don't know much about these cars mechanically.

find a local member who knows these cars well first and foremost. where are you located maybe we can recommend somebody. take some pics perhaps and post them here . call me if you like and i will tell you some trouble spots to look for