Roof Rail and Door Seals

VADR

So I tried the Metro seals.... big mistake. Complete garbage even after I installed them better than the seals that were on before. Lesson learned.

I searched and I couldn't find any updated info on door and roof rail seals in the last 2 years. I've reached out to Fairchild since I can only find their roof rail seals, just waiting to hear back if they have anything for the doors.

Any recommendations on what I should go with if Fairchild doesn't have anything? Steele? Soffseal? Goodmark?

The car is a hard top, no t-tops.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

When you did yours, did you have any issues with fitment or windows going up or down? How have they held up?
They fit well. Were there and functioning when I sold the car some yrs back.
I know that @ a buck forty-two, about the 1000' mark, the glass would pop out over the catch tab! ;)

I got mine from Mike's Montes. They are stiff, not unbelievable but stiff nonetheless. I can't roll the window up on them and have them seal, I have to roll the window up and then close the door. Then they seal, 99%. There is one little air leak I cannot work out. Basically ok for the money.

parts Place has GM hard top roof rail weatherstrip for the left (driver's) side. link below. that will get you set up for the side you enter most.

likely you'll have to deal with aftermarket stuff for the rest. five to ten years ago, before the new batch of turbo buick owners came to be, folks gathered up as many NOS parts as possible for the "back to stock" game as car values climbed.

the second link is to the main issue of the aftermarket door seals that don't include the internal plastic reinforcement like GM did at the top flat area by the window. shown by Steve V's Automotive

The Parts Place

I got mine from Mike's Montes. They are stiff, not unbelievable but stiff nonetheless. I can't roll the window up on them and have them seal, I have to roll the window up and then close the door. Then they seal, 99%. There is one little air leak I cannot work out. Basically ok for the money.

Both windows on mine won't roll up with Metro even with a very very very loose window adjustment. Horrible fitment, it's absurd that these things are in production to begin with since they are nearly useless. Sounds like the ones from Mike's Montes won't fit the bill for what I'm looking for. Appreciate the feedback on your purchase.

parts Place has GM hard top roof rail weatherstrip for the left (driver's) side. link below. that will get you set up for the side you enter most.

likely you'll have to deal with aftermarket stuff for the rest. five to ten years ago, before the new batch of turbo buick owners came to be, folks gathered up as many NOS parts as possible for the "back to stock" game as car values climbed.

the second link is to the main issue of the aftermarket door seals that don't include the internal plastic reinforcement like GM did at the top flat area by the window. shown by Steve V's Automotive

The Parts Place

LOL with my old seals I could have added to that video to show what happens over several years of the corners pinching and getting dragged down by the window. They literally get shredded to pieces.

I did see the one GM weatherstrip on Parts Place. I might just bite the bullet on that one. Would be nice to locate the passenger's side to match.

Old posts showed that the Fairchild door seals were supposed to start including the plastic reinforcement, but the last update I could find was 2 years ago, and I still haven't heard back from them on my inquiry either.

Thanks for posting that info

yes, that was my thread about Fairchild producing a new version of door seal WITH the plastic reinforcement. At SEMA show, Fairchild reps were all positive about the project coming to life and that final testing was underway. production would begin in months. later learned that highway stars was doing the stealth testing behind the scenes and could not come to agreement with Fairchild for project to continue. that's why the door seal project died.

I suggest grabbing the GM one while you can....never know when someone will offer up the right side. the bots will data mine the parts place source and possibly in the blink of an eye, another vendor or restoration shop will buy them all...