ROLL CALL TAI GS Nationals!!!!2011

That will depend on the group of racers present and their feelings torwards the class. If all that show up want index.. then it is what it is.

Its a double edge sword.. if we get 3 cars in the class... its a wash. get 15-20.. thats another story.

Make sense to me. I planning on bringing a car or two. Maybe finally this year I can run!!

What if, qualify on an all out pass as fast as you can go, the round 1 was heads up and ladder the first round so you race an equal car, after that round make it index racing?

I just got alky installed this weekend, stuff is addicting:biggrin:

Hopefully going to the track thur.

Time to LINE'M UP!!!

JD

I will be coming this year to defend the TAI title...JD, do you have shirt with a bull's eye on the back that I can wear ?:eek: Your new ET's are impressive !
I have not had anytime out at the local track this year as the roads to it have been underwater all summer from the flooded Missouri river so I will be rusty....but I will try to have something up my sleeve....

Andrew

I will be coming this year to defend the TAI title...JD, do you have shirt with a bull's eye on the back that I can wear ?:eek: Your new ET's are impressive !
I have not had anytime out at the local track this year as the roads to it have been underwater all summer from the flooded Missouri river so I will be rusty....but I will try to have something up my sleeve....

Andrew

No T-shirt!!!

I always have someone after ME!!!!

Thanks, car has been doing WELL THIS YEAR!!!!

I WON'T be sleepin at the LIGHT'S THIS YEAR!!!!

Look forward to Seeing Everyone!!!!

JD

Too bad we got rained out tonight JD, would have liked to have lined up to see what my car can do on alky!

LIST of RACER'S!!!!

1 JD
2 Shane
3 Andrew
4 Randy
5 Jim B
6 Joe
7 ?
8 ?

Ok Guy's and Gal's 6 weeks and counting!!!!!

we have more and more Alky people!!!

what's it going to take to Get MORE PEOPLE!!!

JD

My cars almost done. Should have it at the track for some tuning next week. Just go around a day or two before qualifing and tell some guys we will run an index if we get enough guys. JD you're a good spokes person. I appoint you.:biggrin:

My cars almost done. Should have it at the track for some tuning next week. Just go around a day or two before qualifing and tell some guys we will run an index if we get enough guys. JD you're a good spokes person. I appoint you.:biggrin:

Thanks Shane!!!!

I'm just trying to get this class to GROW!!!!

You hear more and more people using ALKY, so let's have some FUN!!!!

Still open to suggestions on what format you guy's want to USE for the Class????

JD

TTT

Been kinda QUIET around HERE!!!!

Hope you'all are gettin READY , will be here before you know it!!!

Still working on my launch's, trying to get those nasty 60ft's DOWN!!!!

talk to you SOON!!

JD

LIST of RACER'S!!!!

1 JD
2 Shane
3 Andrew
4 Randy
5 Jim B
6 Joe
7 ?
8 ?

Ok Guy's and Gal's 6 weeks and counting!!!!!

we have more and more Alky people!!!

what's it going to take to Get MORE PEOPLE!!!

JD

Mooney's car is coming.. thats one more :D

LIST of RACER'S!!!!

1 JD
2 Shane
3 Andrew
4 Randy
5 Jim Bennet
6 Joe
7 Mooney
8 ?

Come on guys!!!!

We are going to have a BLAST!!!

there are more cars with ALKY out there then RACE GAS CARS!!!!!!!!!

Bring your car and we can get EVERY ONE INVOLVED!!!!!

JD

A big congrats to JD on his win in TAI this year. His car was flying!!! Was nice to put some faces to the names, and definitely had a great time running a heads up class. Looking forward to next year already.

Take care,
John

It was nice to put faces to names. Couldn't have asked for a better group of racers. I had a blast. I'm in for next year!! Congrats JD. You were FLYING!!

A big congrats to JD on his win in TAI this year. His car was flying!!! Was nice to put some faces to the names, and definitely had a great time running a heads up class. Looking forward to next year already.

Take care,
John

THANKS GUY'S!!!!!

Had a GREAT TIME!!!!!

Was sorry to hear that Andrew BROKE and Joe Mooney's car blew head gaskets!!!

Randy broke rear end but was able to fix and make Elim's!!!

Julio will post up all the detail's SOON!!!

JD

Details.. we had 7 cars show up.

Mooneys car had made a run in the 10.6 range... and when he went to run again, the fuel system had issues and the motor popped the HG. After the fact I had brought some testers and confirmed the alky system was 100% that led to checking the fuel pumps. One wouldnt go over 45 PSI, the other 35 PSI(double pumper). Pumps have been in the car now 5 years.. guess it was their turn to let go. It was on Felpro's so a new set of pumps and HG's and it will be back in business again.

Randy's car broke the rear end on Friday afternoon during qualifing.. he located another rear end and wrenched on it Friday night.. Sat AM was bleeding brakes and back in business. He made it through the last qualifying round with some drama :).. and was ready.

I'll see if I can find the details from the ladder.. i'm still dazed out from the last week worth of drama :D

Saturday morning we all met up at the Shell Gas Station near the track for fillup. This was the preset to the event. I went to the tower and got the results from Fridays Qualifying.. listed as follows.

Car Driver et MPH
1 2648 Jack Dilorenzo 10.146 136.26
2 5015 John Case 10.408 132.23
3 3242 Bill Zaher 10.691 125.61 (This was Joe Mooney's car)
4 7007 Jim Bennett 10.692 130.87
5 61 Shane Lansford 11.736 114.24
6 7001 Anthony Palmn 12.294 110.49
7 3459 Randy Quiggins 18.114 72.25

These where the numbers Sat AM from Fridays first round qualifying. Sat AM.. First round of eliminations it was John vs randy. Randy brought his game.. RT .102 ran 10.515 vs John Case RT .150 who ran 10.403 at 129.31 for the win. Clocks where messed up and Randy's read 154.28 MPH :eek:
Anthony Palmn was to run Bill Zaher but got the solo since Zaher had broke the previous day. JD got the Bye run being #1 qualifier and ran 10.081 at 137.48.

2nd round put JD vs Bennet. 10.264 at 135.06 for JD vs 10.760 at 128.14 for Bennet. JD got the win. Then it was John Case vs Anthony Palmn. R/T Case was .133 and a 12.422 at 120.05 vs Anthony .570 12.369 at 110.50 John pedaled the car for a win.

For the final it was JD vs Case. Case knew he had to cut a perfect light to stand a chance.. he was -.005 under and red lighted giving JD the win.. Funny how things happen.. Jack's car had a "pop" building boost.. so it was going to be a run had the redlight not happened..

I paid out 200 to JD for the win, and 100 to John Case for runner up. We didnt have any other sponsors. Next year hopefully we can have a little more $$ to spread out.

Thanks so much to all who participated, you should have recieved an Alky shirt and goody bag from me. If you didnt.. please let me know and i'll take care of it ;)

See you in 12 months.. I have some video somewhere on the camera that needs nursing to get posted.. will try and get to it when I recover from the last week :D

I wish joe had an audible knock detector in the the car.i maybe could have saved it. He thought he did. We never tested the
car in the 1/4 mile. Because of no safety equipment our local track is real tough up here. We had a
great time and were really pleased with our results stock block mild cam 24psi on pump gas.

I wish joe had an audible knock detector in the the car.i maybe could have saved it. He thought he did. We never tested the
car in the 1/4 mile. Because of no safety equipment our local track is real tough up here. We had a
great time and were really pleased with our results stock block mild cam 24psi on pump gas.

Bill it was a pleasure having you in the class.. That car rides out.. Good luck on getting her back up to speed :) Hope to see it next year..