ROLL CALL TAI GS Nationals!!!!2011

jdsgnx

OK Guy's and Gal's the National's are a couple month's away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really would like to start getting IDEA'S on what we need to do to get CAR COUNT for this Event!!!

Have talked to Julio , he is behind WHAT EVER WE WON'T to DO!!!

So I ask YOU what is it going to take to bring Racer's to the Race!!!

post up your idea's, hope to hear from you'all real SOON!!!

JD

Thinking about doing this class on Index. like a 10.49 and 11.49.

You race heads up and try and get as close to the index as possible.

The final can be 10.49 vs 11.49 and do it on a bracket so the 11.49 car gets a 1.0 second advantage. Or if there is enough car count no need.

Thoughts :)

Sounds GREAT!!!

Now come on Guy's amd Gal's , who's want's to have some FUN!!!!

JD

Plan to have my car there. My vote is for heads up and not index. Not sure how to get car count up but I do know that our class is not well known. As I watched last year while my son drove my car I overheard people asking "what class is this" as the cars were pulling out onto the track. Maybe we need to get an article in the GS Extra or have the announcer at the GS Nats go over the basic rules so that people know what our class is about. After all it is the best class going.

Your right, we need to GET SOME EXPOSURE!!!!

Might have something coming UP!!!!! look to your GSextra!!!

WE need cars!!!!!

Strarted this thread to get people talking NOW!!!

Where are all THE ALKHOLIC's!!!!!!

JD[

Plan to have my car there. My vote is for heads up and not index. Not sure how to get car count up but I do know that our class is not well known. As I watched last year while my son drove my car I overheard people asking "what class is this" as the cars were pulling out onto the track. Maybe we need to get an article in the GS Extra or have the announcer at the GS Nats go over the basic rules so that people know what our class is about. After all it is the best class going.

Randy,

I too love this class. Any suggestion on getting more exposure.

The reason for the index was to get car count up. I mean we can make it a 10.0 index if you like :)

You guys the racers determine the rules. All I want is a bunch of cars racing down the track having fun. The 11.49 index is doable by a lot of street cars. But I understand the issue of getting someone to actually bring their car to a track and "race it". That is the biggest hurdle.

Anyone reading this and thinking of actually racing the car at BG.. please add your input. Anyone without a dog in this fight.. stay out. :) Not to be mean or anything.. this is about whats going to happen this year at the NATS.. not future or past.

Come on guys.. show some interest and i'll start calling around for $$$$ for the class. Keep quiet.. purse wont have any sauce.

Maybe we should start a thread in the lounge "do you want to race heads up without all of the nitpicking rules where a 10 second car is competative?". Razor ,what are your thoughts about possibly opening it up to the E-85 users also. If we can find a station in BG that sells E-85 at the pump. Just no race gas. Maybe this would get a little rivalry going. Could be good for the class.

Randy, I can't say that I've seen e85 at any fuel stations in BG, but I know of e few racers running it. I'll try to find out where they are geting it locally while at the track this weekend.

Pat

Maybe we should start a thread in the lounge "do you want to race heads up without all of the nitpicking rules where a 10 second car is competative?". Razor ,what are your thoughts about possibly opening it up to the E-85 users also. If we can find a station in BG that sells E-85 at the pump. Just no race gas. Maybe this would get a little rivalry going. Could be good for the class.

Pump gas is pump gas :)

Need car count.. :D

How many cars will be there with alky injection on thier cars. About a 100! How many will race when running against 10 sec cars capable of breaking into 9 sec.? NONE! Sorry 10 sec guys. Thats just the way it is. Index is the only way you will get the 90 other alky injection cars to ever race. Look around while you're there. Cars with alky injection everywhere. I won't race again this year. Car won't be finished as usual. I'm just giving my input as a outsider looking in. No one with a 11 sec car is going to run this class with 10 sec cars without an index. We are bringing a alky car that most likey can run 11.50. It is mostly stock. No way can we run with the low 10 sec cars. I want the class to be a big turn out. Alot of good people are running this class. Some are good friends of mine. Anything can happen. It's anybody's race. Sure anything can happen. All the fast cars could break. You aren't going to make any of the slower guys ever believe that. Index the class and make sure everyone there knows. Walk around and tell people there is a 11 something index. There's your class.

According to some of the local Mustang racres that burn it there are no e85 stations in this area, the nearest would be Nashville.

I agree that having an index in the mid 11 area should bring up the car count. But maybe there is a way to have an open run for fastest TAI et. So leave some $, a trophy, etc aside for fastest pass. That way you can get the car count up and the faster guys would still have something to shoot for.

:biggrin:
How many cars will be there with alky injection on thier cars. About a 100! How many will race when running against 10 sec cars capable of breaking into 9 sec.? NONE! Sorry 10 sec guys. Thats just the way it is. Index is the only way you will get the 90 other alky injection cars to ever race. Look around while you're there. Cars with alky injection everywhere. I won't race again this year. Car won't be finished as usual. I'm just giving my input as a outsider looking in. No one with a 11 sec car is going to run this class with 10 sec cars without an index. We are bringing a alky car that most likey can run 11.50. It is mostly stock. No way can we run with the low 10 sec cars. I want the class to be a big turn out. Alot of good people are running this class. Some are good friends of mine. Anything can happen. It's anybody's race. Sure anything can happen. All the fast cars could break. You aren't going to make any of the slower guys ever believe that. Index the class and make sure everyone there knows. Walk around and tell people there is a 11 something index. There's your class.

Shane I have to tell this story so everyone can read it.

I have never had the fastest car at any race i have attened , one year the best I ran was 11.0 at 120, wasnt even in the top half of the feild, but that didn't stop me from RACIN!!!

I have always believed the fastest guy hardly ever wins events it is the MOST CONSISTANT!!!!

Yes I have stepped it up since then, with alot of HELP from FRIENDS!!!

I JUST WANT TO RACE!!!!!

Index is GREAT , heads up with a sportsman tree LET'S LINE'M UP!!!!

We can Set the Index at 10.50 11.0 11.50 what ever it takes!!!

JD

I agree my friend. Next year I hope to run a couple classes with you. Guys who look at a TAI car and see a 70mm throttle body, front mount intercooler, dual nozzle alky, billet fuel lines, big ball bearing turbo, and the list goes on. They go back to thier car with a Dut neck on the stock intercooler, stock ported throttle body, stock fuel lines, ect. They say "there's no way". TAI is such a good idea. Great class and should be the biggest. Most all cars now that have any aftermarket parts have alky. JD has the right idea. What ever it takes. Bring them on even if it is a index class. For those wanted to only run heads up......well....going to be a small class.

I'm putting my car back the way it was without some of the new parts. I will run the class if I can get her back together in time. I will keep you posted. I will start working on it this weekend!

What if, qualify on an all out pass as fast as you can go, the round 1 was heads up and ladder the first round so you race an equal car, after that round make it index racing?

I just got alky installed this weekend, stuff is addicting:biggrin: