RJC Power Plate Hot or Not?

It's below the spacer plate. Though, if your spacer does the trick, would you need the plate too?

If you use a spacer, I think you change the dynamic. Meaning the RJC plate for the stock plenum/TB is designed for just that. The spacer itself increases volume a tad but not intake air distribution.

Pretty sure Jason markets this as an air distribution plate.

If you use a different plenum/TB combo, you would then need to get the corresponding distribution plate.

I have had one for years and could easily get 1.5-2 psi more before I started to tickle the knock sensor.

Well researched and designed precautionary device. For the price, you simply can not go wrong.....unless you gorilla the nuts/bolts. :)

I hope Grumpy is sleeping,because I am sure he will have an opinion on this:rolleyes:.I think Razor has one on his car also(not sure though)I called Jason when I bought mine and was very well informed.Some combos are different.:)

Kevin

:biggrin: we run one just to fake people out.. :p again.. we DRIVE our cars all over the place and of course they have Alky on them. .. NO KNOCK .. I wouldn't drive a Buick/TTA without alky or the plate.. :cool:

rjc plate & stock plenum

I wouldn't drive a Buick/TTA without alky or the plate.. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Enough said:biggrin:

i second the stud use. 8mx1.25. You loose 1/4" of thread contact However, If you use the bolt, hold the ratchet wrench close to the ratchet part and use one hand. It makes it harder to over-tighten. I had done this for years without issues but i eventually blew out a thread not paying attention. I use studs now.

Andrew

What is the point of the spacer?

To increase open plenum volume and slow the air down between the cylinders and the throttle body. There is an ideal size plenum volume for every size engine and the max operating rpm it will have. More is better than not enough suprisingly.

To increase open plenum volume and slow the air down between the cylinders and the throttle body. There is an ideal size plenum volume for every size engine and the max operating rpm it will have. More is better than not enough suprisingly.
How about street driving? Plenum spacer and plate? Plate is on it's way as I type. What thickness plenum since a few are offered?

We run plenum spacers in our setups and have no correction to keep things in order. For the most part the PP is a pretty good part, but the end user should take steps to see it is working properly for his combination.